MSFT Releases Tool To Prepare Windows 7/8.1 PC To Get Win10 Preview Via Win. Update.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by timster, Dec 22, 2014.

1. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
  2. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2011
    According to the list inside the .exe, there could be 20 languages available for the January Preview:

List for languages.
    en-us, zn-cn, pt-br, en-gb, ja-jp, ru-ru, de-de, fr-fr, ko-kr, it-it, es-es, zh-tw, sv-se, fi-fi, tr-tr, ar-sa, nl-nl, cs-cz, pl-pl, th-th

• Arabic
    • Chinese Simplified
    • Chinese Taiwan
    • Czech
    • Dutch
    • English
    • English United Kingdom
    • Finnish
    • French
    • German
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Italian
    • Polish
    • Portuguese Brazil
    • Russian
    • Spanish
    • Swedish
    • Thai
    • Turkish

Contents of the .exe file:

pastebin.com/raw.php?i=z0Dhh3zV

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    What is behind the reason why those languages are coming to technical Preview by January? Is it because it is going to be a stable Consumer Preview?

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    seems to be the "consumer preview" level and MS always put out these files in more than only 3 language versions

5. dudedroid

dudedroid MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2011
    While installing windows 7 SP1 i had selected English (India). Now when i am using this tool it says language not supported. So can anyone tell me how can i change to en-us or en-gb?

6. RamGuy

RamGuy MDL Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Does not seem to be working on my Windows 8.1 Update 1 installation, fully up-to-date. Running English (United Kingdom) aka EN-GB with Norwegian keyboard layout.

7. rockyshaw

rockyshaw MDL Junior Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Is there any way to undo what the tool has done. Since there is no KMS activation this time I want to wait until there is an activation method available.

8. dippyweb

dippyweb MDL Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Win10 TP does not require activation with KMS.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to be that you didn't get it?!

Fact is: Windows 10 isn't released yet, it's available as Technical Preview at this moment and Microsoft gave the Product Key's and Activation for free to those who like to test and/or use it. User should read (and understand!!) the Pre-Release note of Microsoft from their website!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009