MSN messages problem

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by myamar, Apr 14, 2010.

1. myamar

myamar MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Hi guys,

I would like to ask for a help. In last weeks I have big problem with MSN Messenger. One day I log in and I don't receive any message even if I know that friend sent me something. But when I log in day after I receive all popups messages from previous day (even if I was logged in as I said before). I got the same issue with MSN account in Trillian as well.

I am using Comodo Firewall v4 (latest), Avira AntiVir Premium 10 (latest), running on Windows 7 Ultimate x86.

Thx a lot for any reply.

2. boxter

boxter MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    I guess your internet works like it should, and your bandwith is not throttling. Meaning that your ping is stable, and you ` re not loosing data packets. If you are, maybe they are retrived later from server. I m sure that Comodo and Avira not causing problem. One last test, check out your msn account with pidgin, and see what will happen. Do it with some web application too. If it works, maybe you should check your FW protocol settings.

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Dude, it is probably caused by the v4 version of Comodo Firewall. I read a lot of bad reviews with that version where a lot of people are having issues with it. Try going back to v3 of the firewall and see if that makes a difference lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...