Multi Monitor Setup Main Display

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bseos, Aug 6, 2012.

1. bseos

bseos MDL Member

Dec 5, 2007
  2. phailyoor

phailyoor MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    You should be able to open the start menu on the non primary display by using the hot corner on that screen. Should only work in RTM though.

3. bseos

bseos MDL Member

Dec 5, 2007
    yeh, i know about that. How ever its not what im trying to achieve.
    I would at least like to have the time displayed on the other monitor's taskbar.

Its a bit silly having 3 monitors, and not being able to tell the time when in game unless you-alt tab and risk freezing it. Sorta defeats the purpose or a multi monitor setup.

4. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Try DisplayFusion, it is updated to work with Win 8, not sure how it works on RTM.

5. Digitalpimp

Digitalpimp MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2011
    Ultramon 3.21 is your ticket to heaven. Too many options to list here.

6. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#6 =)(=, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    I was looking for the same thing. Did not find anything by google. So i have figure out myself how to do it. Right click on the taskbar > Untick "Lock all taskbars" > move one of the taskbars to the other monitor. Voila,they will switch position :) You will still have the clock only on 1 taskbar but you will have it on the second monitor as you wanted.

Edit: You can also have metro screen on the second monitor. Its a bit tricky to make it show, but just move your mouse on the left bottom corner on the second screen or open metro on the first monitor and press Win + PgDn.