my computer wont re-boot properly please help as fast as possible !!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by barrytroter1, Aug 25, 2011.

1. barrytroter1

barrytroter1 MDL Junior Member

May 30, 2011
    hi , my pc crashed so i tirned it off on the button and then when i went to turn it back on again it juts stops at the acer symbol and nothing hapens i cant press or do anything please help !!!

2. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    Can you reinstall your computer?
    If you can than go to repair your computer and it might fix your issue.
    Probably you should reinstall operating system from the recovery options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #3 x86, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    okay thanks but what is the psu ? im new to computers and but i carnt press anything and the keyboard symbols wont even light up only for a second when they flash on but then nothing works

5. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Power supply. Unplug your PC for few secs and spam the power button (to discharge the remaing power), then plug it back in, if it still doesnt boot... then... not good :D
    But what do you really see, does your PC beep or not? etc.

6. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    yes its beeps and the red light i think its the hdd thing i dont no but that flashes 3 times and then it beeps just like it normally does exepct for the three flashes but it juts suddenly dosent work it has never doen it before and if this doese not work then how much is it for a fix ?

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #7 x86, Aug 25, 2011
    That bit is normal. The only thing usually left lit on the keyboard is Num Lock (but you can opt to disable that as well)...

[EDIT]

Hold on a bit; need to find what's wrong first. How many HDDs are on this system? Try removing the cable and switch the PC back on. Does it get past the Acer logo this time? Did you try what Shenj and I suggested about the power / PSU?

8. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    As x86 said you could press delete and try to enter your bios and to load bios default.
    I dont want to scare you, but your motherboard is probably the issue and doesnt want to read your graphics card.
    try turning on and off a few times.
    I had the same problem.

9. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    yer but nothing lights up on it usually it does

10. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    As i said your motherboard is the problem.
    Did you maybe try to install some drivers or update them?

11. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    As i said your motherboard is the problem.
    Did you maybe try to install some drivers or update them?

12. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    not resintaly no

13. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    no not resintally but im starting to get a bit pissed of because of me just turning it off normally and it not working ffs carnt a pc cope with that ? is it fixable and how expensive may this cost me ?

14. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    depends on where you live a new motherboard could cost about 150$.
    I had the same issue i turned of my pc and the next time i wanted to turned it on only a black screen appears.
    My keyboard worked normally,but my Pc worked only for a few seconds(heard on the sound).
    It´s not good if you cant press anything.

15. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    #15 barrytroter1, Aug 25, 2011
    (OP)
    f##k me computers suuuucckkkk well mine does :( i live in south wales and im guessing that im f##ked then ? i havent tried installing my os yet so with a bit of luck that might work even thought i had a great day there's always something that can go really wrong ay

16. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Hey Barry, dont sweat it too much man, you will get it back. D you have win 7 sp1 dowload somewhere, a dvd or usb...or access to another pc?
    u can always try safe mode by pressing F8 at power up and see if u get in....:cool:

how old is ur unit? what are the specs?

17. barrytroter1

May 30, 2011
    i am running vista even though it sucks and yer but nothing hapens still looks like this may sting the old wallet :( and i dont think that i have the dirct cd i just have the naytime upgrade cd

18. 589661

589661 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2011
    Try re seating the ram. If that does not work try using a post code reader and seeing if its throwing any codes.

19. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    if you have hirens boot disk, try to boot your computer from cd. then you can test your hardware with tools on hirens. if everything is ok, you have live xp on it, boot it, and you can type from command prompt chkdsk c: /F /R it will fix your drive to boot if it was corrupt ...
    good luck

20. Guenni007

Guenni007 MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2008
    perhaps it is more simple than all other here believe.
    Have you on your pc an external usb harddrive? I got one in former times which stops at the beginning the bootprocess allthough the USB Bootoption was disabled. When i disconnect it the bootprocess was normal.