My Genuine Product key of my Windows 8 Pro Has been blocked. Can I reactivate it.?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pravin.kumar, May 21, 2013.

1. pravin.kumar

pravin.kumar MDL Novice

May 21, 2013
    Hie friends please help me....:'(
    Iam having genuine windows 8 pro OS which came with my HP G6 Series Laptop. As one of my friend said that I can activate windows media center in my OS & He gave me one product key to activate it. I followed his instructions and as soon as I entered that product key and activated the Media Center on my PC after restarting, a dialogue box appeared saying that My Genuine Product Key of my Windows 8 is BLOCKED & Dont know really what to do..:( :'(

And Later I said my friend about this issue & he said that he fetched that serial key from youtube which is not Genuine.. SO FINALLY IN THE COURT OF MICROSOFT RULES, I GOT BUSTED IN THIS WAY UNKNOWINGLY...:'( :(
    Please friends can anybody show me the possible ways in RE-ACTIVATING MY SAME OLD GENUINE WINDOWS 8 PRODUCT KEY WHICH IS BLOCKED.??? It would be really very much helpful for me if anybody could help me get out of this critical issue..:(

Its like LIFE & DEATH for me..:'( :eek:
    PLEASE HELPPP..._/\_

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    He should add WMC to the support list. :eek:

5. pravin.kumar

pravin.kumar MDL Novice

May 21, 2013
    Thank you for your response Sir.. But As my windows 8 pro has came by default with my laptop I dont have any installation media of Windows 8 pro.
    I just got the OS installed by HP & Product Key with it. The link which you have suggested clearly specifies that we need the Windows 8 Disk or USB installer & Reinstall it..:(
    Any another possible way is fairly appreciated..:(

6. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    All people here, gave you a solution, then the only way is call HP support

7. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    There should be a recovery partition, use this to restore.

8. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    The man speaks the truth :D

9. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I vote this reply to be the most helpful to OP's issue! :worthy::director:

10. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    if it's a newer HP after pressing the power button, repeatedly press ESC until a boot menu appears.
    there should be a choice to run recovery.

you know 99.99999% of the problems with a PC are user created

11. ~Yoshi

~Yoshi MDL Junior Member

Jun 20, 2011
    A little tip: for me it's easier to turn my HP laptop off, hold ESC and turn it on while holding the button. This way it always shows the options menu. Rapidly pressing it only seems to work a few times for me.

12. WPNettwerk

WPNettwerk MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    You have two options. First use recovery partition. To restore whole system. Second option is contact HP Support and order Recovery DVD. If you know CD Key of your preinstalled Windows 8 than just download Windows 8 Installation image and use it.

13. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    ALSO, just to add to this, Every HP that I have ever owned and seen gives you an option to make a copy of your recovery partition which gives you a recovery disk. Now on Win8 I don't know where you would find that but it has to be there. Find it and make up the disk!! If your HD goes south on you then your recovery partition will have gone south too. Now you will have to buy a new Win8.
    OR search MDL for other alternatives. :D:D

14. ryuuichie

ryuuichie MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2013
    R E C O V E R Y partition

15. armond

armond MDL Addicted

Jun 16, 2008
    how about using the Refresh PC option? I think HP should include this in their PCs, although personally I don't like HP and their customer support.