My HP Pavilion dv5 won't boot with all leds on and blackscreen

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by BiosGoesMad, Apr 24, 2011.

1. BiosGoesMad

BiosGoesMad MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2011
    hello everyone user on this forum i have a big problem with my hp pavilion dv5-1105el, when i put on my pc the screen stay black and all icon on keyboard are on and Caps and block number flash now i have 2 question:
    1)My pc are dead? XD
    2)I have to flash bios for recovery and ressurect my pc from death?

If anybody have this problem and have get the solution pls help me and how i have to rename the bios file for copy this in usb drive?????

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BiosGoesMad

BiosGoesMad MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2011
    thx but this isn't the p0roblem i think it's probabely the bios and i don't know how rename this file i tried in .bin .rom .fd but my pc doesn't sound "Beep" pls help me with the correct rename of file bios!!!!
    HP Pavilion Dv5-1105el last bios version F38

4. fateh_tel

fateh_tel MDL Novice

May 13, 2011
    I have the same prolem but i fixed it it's the vga problem

5. BiosGoesMad

BiosGoesMad MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2011
    how i can fix vga problem???

6. fateh_tel

fateh_tel MDL Novice

May 13, 2011
    required tools: hot air station, soldering paste
    how to: juste take a part your laptop and locate your vga chip (ati or nvidia) put some soldering paste aroud it and take your hot air above it for 40sec to 1min . done
    after that juste reassembel your pc and test it.

7. toothbrush

toothbrush MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2011
    Same problem but

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and I'm experiencing a similar problem. My DV5-1004nr powers on and has the LED lights but no internal or external display. I've tried reflowing the GPU to no avail. I've then decided to try another CPU and I got a display with a AMD Turion CPU. Is this problem caused by a faulty BIOS? I've heard that the correct bios must be installed/flashed to support AMD Ultra but I'm not sure. If anyone can shed some light, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!:eek: