My Modem Keep Disconnecting

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Trustdee, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Trustdee

Trustdee MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2013
    I know this Might be a crazy question to some,: but believe me i really need help :confused: :, Can someone suggest a software that can keep my Internet connection without disconnecting: PAID OR FREE willing to do any thing ::: i can't stay up to 3 minute without being disconnected ::. Some one should help me please ;.

Using DESKTOP HP WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE : 2G RAM :: HARD DRIVE 250G SATA :::: PR SPEED 3.8

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe just a simple PING will work!

Open Command Prompt and type: ping google.com -t [Enter]

Let that run and see the connection will stay alife!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Trustdee

Trustdee MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2013
    This Sounds like a simple task that won't work : But will give it a try :: Just to download a simple 198MB update from blackberry keeps me disconnected every 3 minutes : u know how it feels to start a download from the beginning again : please more of your suggestions will be of help :

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Normally, while downloading , that goes in packages: read->copy->write with a little pauses (second or second's) between. While using a PING command, that goes steady out and counted in ms! If the ISP's system is et to short cut's than also normally the IP would change and I don't think that would be a fact.

If your modem still disconnect's while using the Ping command, I would suggest to change the modem, maybe ask a friend for his to check what will happen if you use his modem or so.

That said, first is you've to check out what is trigger the problem: at your side or by the ISP. If your side, check your hardware first. If ISP, you'll have to contct them and see what they will tell!

As a matter of fact, if the problem is on your side, it could be just a simple over heating of an chip inside the modem. if that modem is an external one, extend the cables and place the modem in Refrigrator and check it will work or place it the cold Airflow of an Aircon etc. I'm just find that 3min curious!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Trustdee

Trustdee MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2013
    Thanks for being of help to me :: Will have to get another Modem :: I have gotten what i want from a Cafe ::bye1: