My monitor seems to be stretched. can i set it do default settings lg 700 e

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jraju, Sep 13, 2014.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi,
    I have meddled with my monitor, which now seems to be stretched one. It looks as it it stretches to full screen. Is there anything i could do to return this to default monitor settings.My application fully occupies the screen, when clicked. Please, say way to restore the default monitor settings for 700 e lg crt monitor

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #2 zahnoo, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    Change your your monitor's screen resolution to its native or recommended value. Right click on the desktop and choose "Screen Resolution".

If that doesn't work, install the latest driver for your monitor if one is available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, I have done those things. But yet it appears to be stretched. Is there any thing that i could do to restore the default values of my monitor. Since it is crt, old monitor, there is nothing available in the LG site. Is there any way

4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Go into device manager, uninstall the monitor and the display adapter and restart the computer. Windows will install generic drivers for both. If you want more than just basic features you'll need to install your display card's latest driver. You may have to reset the resolution after restart.

Since this is a CRT, you may be facing an end of useful life situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, zahnoo
    Since this is a CRT, you may be facing an end of useful life situation.
    I will definitely try your solution. But please say that the above means. Should i need to again update the drivers for graphics?

6. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #6 zahnoo, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    "End of useful life" = "Your monitor is slowing dying". I'd guess your CRT is pretty old and outdated.

Unless the installation fails somehow, you only need to install a driver once for a given video card. Same for monitors but Windows does a good job with monitor drivers. Of course, updated drivers are published regularly for supported cards. If your video card, or chip, is as old as I suspect your monitor is, it too may no longer be supported.

How old is this system? I think these monitors came out around 2003.

7. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, Eventhough the monitor is old it is in working condition. If i do the self monitor check by plugging out the video cable, it does show the colours and self check is ok. Could any one possibly give the default settings of this monitor

8. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #8 zahnoo, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    RE:...monitor is old it is in working condition.

The self check just indicates the condition of the three color guns for the most part.

If it doesn't do what it used to do (which seems to be what you want), it's not in "working condition". Is a car with four flat tires in working condition just because the engine runs?

What settings are you talking about? Other than contrast, brightness and etc. using buttons on the monitor case , all there is to adjust is screen resolution, orientation and possibly brightness from within Windows OS itself. Maybe you have the orientation set wrong. Change it and see what happens. If none of the available resolutions work for you, you need to adjust your video card settings. How you do that depends on exactly what card you have. With my nVidia cards, I go to the "nVidia Control Panel". Other cards have similar options. If you have no such option you likely need a specific driver for your card or chip.

Monitors have settings of course, but generally the more advanced settings you seem to be wanting to access are going to be associated with your video card.

What card do you have and who published the driver? If it's using a driver supplied by Microsoft, you may need to get a card specific driver. What brand is your video card?

Did you uninstall the monitor and display adapter (using device manager) and reboot? If so what happened when you rebooted?

9. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    What's your graphics card? At least nVidia cards have in their driver a setting to select 'Scaling', with options 'GPU' or 'Display'. If you have that setting, try switching it. I have to set it to 'GPU' or things appear stretched.

Worth a shot.