My New Gaming keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chillgates, May 6, 2020.

1. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    I always hated wireless keyboards and mice because they need to change battery frequently and also they spoil easily. But my nephew forced me to buy a wireless keyboard and mouse 5 years ago at 1200 bucks. From that point i bought 4 wireless keyboard/mouse combos till date because all of them died within 8 to 10 months. Usually mouse die first because of over use. I thought that was a waste of money to buy wireless every time.

Finally i decided to get wired gaming keyboard and mouse separately expecting a long life on both of them. i see a 2 years warranty on Logitech G213 gaming keyboard and Logitech G102 mouse. Never used gaming keyboard / mouse before. These are very smooth like my fingers are on a cotton ball. :) Here i attached a picture of them.

What is your opinion on gaming keyboard and mouse ? Do they run longer than 2 years ? I am not big game player, just play for time pass. I surf more and watch movies more so it put more pressure on mouse than my keyboard. my_mouse_keyboard.jpeg

2. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #2 Muerto, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021

3. chillgates

chillgates MDL Senior Member

Dec 15, 2010
    This keyboard mimiced mechanical caps but actually these are membrane caps only. High quality membranes to keep the smooth touch.

I don't use mouse roughly but i use more time. I don't play modern games which require gaming mouse and extra buttons.

Gaming mice are made with different quality so they run for long time. My previous combo sets are Logitech MK345 and MK235. They are for casual use and spoiled within a year. On average i use PC 12 hours a day. Companies only calculate 8 hours a day use so they give one year warranty basing on that.
    I don't have extra caps with this new keyboard. Extra caps will come for high end gaming keyboards and their cost also very high like we can purchase a PC with that price. :p
    My nephews also complained about logitech software for keyboard and mouse (G hub software). I should experience to tell that. Anyway i installed G hub already. Nephews suggested to install "Logitech Gaming software" instead. I downloaded and kept it because it is older than G hub.
    My previous wireless keyboard/mouse used logitech setpoint and logitech options softwares. I didn't like them because features are distributed in to 2 softwares so that i must install both.