My "other computers" tabs have disappeared from IE new tab page

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Myrrh, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    This was working, I know it worked on 9926 but not on 10041.

On the IE New Tab page, under the boxes containing the frequently accessed sites, there was a pull-down representing each computer on the same MS account, even pull-downs representing my Windows phone devices. Each of these showed recently open pages on that device.

This was a really convenient feature and either it's broken in 10041, or I did something to break it. Anybody else noticed this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    And, just as weird, it has started working again this morning. I have no idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Like many issues, it needed a reboot / cold boot to settle things correctly.

4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #4 Myrrh, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    (OP)
    Except that while I was in sleep mode overnight, the computers were not :D Simply locked at the desktop, not logged off or rebooted. I'm guessing it was some sort of glitch related to MS account sync between the various machines that eventually sorted itself out.

I am a bit slow sometimes, just now discovered the inability to change settings on network adapters, apparently everyone's been aware of that for weeks.

5. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    ...and now that I am on 10061, the additional computers pulldowns are missing again. I've got a nice big "search the web with bing" box though, in case I forget where Cortana is or the address of bing.com.

6. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Just use Opera 30, it has that feature and works also on mobile and on every OS w/o having to mess with a MS account.