My PC Auto Restart

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by NickAiman, Apr 4, 2011.

1. NickAiman

NickAiman MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    Hello...
    I've problem with my PC...
    When I turn on my pc and it will automatic restart even in cmos setting..
    I don't know what happen..
    Could someone help me...I really2 need the help..

My PC Spec is Rampage Formula motherboard + Intel Q8200 + OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 + Asus GTX460 1GB Top..
    I already overclock my CPU from 2.3GHz to 3.2GHz..and also overclock My GTX460..
    max temperature of my CPU is 60 celcius and max temperature of my GPU is 80 celcius

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    This will most likely be either a bad power supply or your motherboard is faulty.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NickAiman

NickAiman MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    My PSU is Cooler Master GX 550 and the power rate is 550 watt..
    how 2 i know my motherboard or my power supply is faulty?

4. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    i agree with alextheg and have check Fan/ram?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NickAiman

NickAiman MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    I already check my FAN..It's fully working..
    and RAM, how to check it?

6. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Reset the CMOS back to default settings. Not sure what your board has as a method to do this, usually you unplug the power, remove the battery (the flat coin size button battery on the board), move the cmos clear jumper to the next pin, then pack again, reinsert battery and plug power back in.

There are numerous things that it can be, faulty board, faulty RAM, faulty power supply, but I would guess its more likely to do with your overclock (which is where the CMOS reset comes in handy).

The Asus boards do have OC protection I know, in that if the system doesn't start you can hold the power button, then switch back on a few seconds later. Upon doing so, the board detects that the last POST failed, and it turns itself off, then back on with default timings and performance settings etc loaded, but still with the non-working tweaked settings for you to adjust.

One problem with this is that if you have too tight memory settings, and/or a combination of that and a too low of voltage, too high megahertz, it may POST fine, partly boot, and freeze. It may freeze before you get the chance to change the setting in the CMOS :)

I dare say that is your issue! Find out the top voltage your RAM can run at and don't go much higher than that. They probably are 2.1V sticks max trying to run at 1.8V or something... The other thing is, when you raise the FSB you also raise the RAM speed, you may have to reduce the RAM speed back to closer to the RAM's default.

The RAM you have does have inbuilt 'safe' timing values for 333, 400, 533 (because of DDR - Double Data Rate), which means a listed speed of 667, 800, and 1066. If you keep the RAM speed with say, a few MHz of 1066, the default timings are good. Above that, or with timings that are tighter, the higher voltage requirements may come in to play, as does load-line balancing option etc.

Basically, check all those settings once you have reset the CMOS, and be a little more careful of the RAM timings/speed/voltage :)!

7. NickAiman

NickAiman MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    #7 NickAiman, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    (OP)
    I try 2 Reset the bios (remove the battery & reset by using jumper) and Set to default settings like u said..but still got the same problem.
    My RAM ( DDR2 OCZ Reaper 1066MHz 4GB) as far as I know can handle the voltage up to 2.2v with tight timings