My Pc infected

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 60cent, May 31, 2011.

1. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    If one of my user accounts is infected,will my second one have a virus to

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pierrejaquet

pierrejaquet MDL Member

Jan 14, 2010
    the only way to remove an infection and all the secondary effects (disabled features, random crash) for sure is to reinstall the system.

3. dtl

dtl MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    This is not true.

I have some infected PCs fixed, and the only user accounts infected were those who were in use.

If other user accounts with admin rights can login with no sign of malware, try to remove malware with those accounts, it's gonna save time.

4. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    thanks for the reply guys

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dtl

dtl MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    #5 dtl, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
    First of all, malware is not exactly the same as virus

All malware, who purposely destroys user's docs, system files, apps, OS and/or MB, is called virus; they normally detect and infect all user accounts, they spread by all means, such as USB key, floppy disk, HD, internet, CD, and etc., if you've got virus, you cannot realize it immediately, and in some cases you have to reinstall OS.

Second type of malware tries to install backdoor software, and steals personal info

Other malware (except for those mentioned above) wants to seduce people to purchase some fake antivirus/antimalware software, it requires your interaction when people gets infected from malicious websites, and they are seen right away. This type of malware normally cannot be removed by antivirus without untimalware plugin installed, you have to remove them either using untimalware such as malwarebytes or remove them manually.

As of 10 - 20 users, what's your point? do you think you do not need to backup all individual docs and reconfigure all accounts, when you reinstall OS? According to my experience, malware only infects the active user account you are using, other accounts are in good health, no matter they have admin rights or not.

6. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    a little off topic,can a virus actually destroy hardware?. i.e.hard drive,memory,cpu? or just infect files in OS?

7. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
  8. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    My whole pc was infected,all exe. files, i couldn´t even go to internet,so i wondered is that malware or a virus?

9. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
  10. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    I couldn´t do anything,so i tried with Kaspersky rescue disk,but it didn´t show anything,no malware,spyware,trojans...so i had to format

11. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    Why do not you Repair Your OS?

12. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    what is OS and how to repair

13. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011