My phone is stuck :( please help

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by ThatKitten, Mar 27, 2014.

1. ThatKitten

ThatKitten MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2014
    Ok so I was trying to install GingerKat v2 on my Telstra Samsung galaxy young gt-s5360t and now it's just stuck at the white Samsung galaxy y young gt-s5360t screen. :(

I don't have internet on my PC --no phone no pdanet no internet on my not wireless capable desktop computer-- so I REALLY need this phone back to life. I can't really understand tutorials on using Odin and I don't have all the bootlader, PDA, phone, modem and Csc files (a download link and tutorial is greatly appreciated for all of the files and not just the PDA file) to flash to my phones NAND

Please help :( I really need this phone back to life, not just for pdanet but people need to call me and I need to call them...etc

SENT FROM MY IPOD TOUCH, FYI

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #3 Yen, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Have you flashed it from CWM recovery? If you have CWM recovery on it boot into it and wipe cache, dalvik cache and finally make a 'wipe data/factory reset' @CWM, then try to reboot....

IF not try it anyway with the original recovery...the original can make a factory reset as well.....(only)...

How to enter recovery....

1. Turn off your phone,wait until and make sure your phone turned off.

2. Press the Home button(button on center of phone),Volume up button and Power button together at the same time.

3. Then wait the phone until automatically get in to the recovery mode.

4. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Hmmm .... never worked for me at this point :g:. Always needed to reflash stock ROM in Download-Mode with Odin :cool2:.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    He can (and highly probable has to) do that later anyway....maybe he's forgotten to factory reset BEFORE he flashed the custom rom...the fon isn't dead for sure, just needs to be revived, lol.

6. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Yeah ... learned this the hard way. Did the reflash a dozen times :cool2:. Mostly due to stupid errors like the one you mentioned.

BTW, using CM 7 cooperve Mod by Team Nexus on a Galaxy Ace II (original it's shipped with 2.3.6 :doh:). Really nice :good3:.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    'Xposed', not 'exposed' :hug2:

rovo89 really did a good job! :worthy:

9. ThatKitten

ThatKitten MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2014
    #9 ThatKitten, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    (OP)
    I think I know what went wrong now--I didn't instal clockwork mod ...

EDIT
    But anyway---I can NOT thank everyone enough for the help with fixing the SGY. Although the firmwares weren't GT-S5360T, GT-S5360 seems to be the exact same (maybe the T was for Telstra as that's the network the phone is locked to?). At least it doesn't come with the Telstra crapware and the phone (as in, the actual Phone bit) still works!

Thanks to s1ave77 for the firmware files and thanks so much to everyone else for helping me. Posted from my PC--now that my phone works.

{and by the way...poor dude in the video couldn't even spell download...XD)

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Glad it worked!

BTW: The link I have posted above also provides the original 5360T Australian Firmware (Telstra)....you just have to scroll down a bit (bottom of grey box)...but no need to change as long as your phone is fine.

11. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Good to hear that :good3:.

12. ThatKitten

ThatKitten MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2014
    Thanks yen, but I don't need it since it's better without the telstra crapware :)