My Sierra Wireless MC8780 3G/HSDPA 7.2Mbps/GPS WWAN Card not accepting 2g simcard

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by hymallik, Sep 10, 2011.

1. hymallik

hymallik MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    Hi Friends! I have purchased Sierra Wireless MC8780 3G/HSDPA 7.2Mbps/GPS WWAN Card from ebay and installed in my Lenovo s10 3t. I bypassed bios whitelist by flashing a bios mod downloaded from this site. The card was detected and after installing the 3G watcher, I could not connect to internet using my 2G sim (AirTel). When I changed my simcard from airtel 2G to BSNL 3G, It is working fine.
    Is there any way to use my 2G sim with this card? Please help...! :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. hymallik

hymallik MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2011
    I have solved my problem. It is just nothing but settings. ..!
    :rolleyes::p:D

3. scanner9938

scanner9938 MDL Novice

May 17, 2011
    Hi Hymalik,

I also just bought a Sierra Wireless MC8780 WWAN + GPS from Amazon and installed it into my Dell Latittude D630, I now can access the 3G wireless but I have been unable to activate the GPS portion of the device.
    I am using Aircard Watcher R10.11.0.0 Build 2849.

Can you help advise me as to how to get the GPS to work or perhaps point me to where I can get the correct version of the 3G watcher, please?
    I will be grateful if you could also advise on which GPS software you are using - Garmin or whichever?

Many thanks in advance,
    scanner9938