my Silly ANTIVIRUS Program

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budoyabas, Nov 17, 2011.

1. budoyabas

budoyabas MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    well, here's the deal! i've goggled antivirus programs for my new PC, windows 7! yeah! now i've read a great comment and rating about some antivirus! i've downloaded it and to my surprise..surprise....surprise!!! the antivirus was of a language that i know not where it came from!!! hahaha!! crazy antivirus!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
  3. PalermoTech46

PalermoTech46 MDL Junior Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Try "AVG antivirus" as well, is free and very known.

4. Kido

Kido MDL Junior Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Try ESET NOD32 if you can i am using it from 2007.... :biggrin:

5. budoyabas

budoyabas MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    it was comodo something! it was really lame! i just downloaded it out of nowhere! hahaha!!!
    now i'm using AVG! XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Femfatale

Femfatale MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2011
    I use Vipre Antivirus Premium to me it's the best, Not free tho!

Just IMO

7. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Vipre is an Good AV System;

Loves for Security Essentials.

8. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    For a free antivirus (with paid versions available), I much prefer Avast over AVG. Antiviruses are one thing where totally free versions aren't really suitable! The reasoning for this is the ability of the antivirus producer to release virus definitions to detect new viruses etc., it may be necessary for them to release several new definitions per day! as dedicated as some might be to develop free programs, the work involved in keeping up is beyond the capabilities of the free software community.

Avast, AVG, and Antivir have free versions for home use only because there are paid versions that businesses must use. Businesses are not allowed to use the free versions. Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) is free because it comes under the envelope of Windows. Antivirus companies no doubt hate MSE, but an antivirus is essential on any PC. Many people don't run an antivirus, or if they do have one that is paid, they don't keep paying for the subscription. This is why Microsoft has seen it as a necessity. Any person claiming an antivirus is completely unnecessary is an idiot. I've read in forums the argument that if you don't visit dodgy websites or run dodgy programs its unnecessary and that they don't use an antivirus and they don't have a virus. Really? how do they know that don't have a virus, trojan, keylogger etc if they don't have a program to detect it?!

As soon as you put a USB stick thats been in another computer, a DVD, have wireless or bluetooth turned on, connected to a LAN or internet, or have any other external source connected to the computer, you are at risk of a virus or other malware. Even 'safe' websites might have ads on them which contain viruses, as the ads are tailored content and mostly not hosted by the site you are visiting. Also, connected by any means to the internet you have a visible IP address, and that automatically makes you susceptible in some form or another.

9. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Perhaps it was Comodo Internet Security?: http://www.comodo.com/
    Their firewall is mostly good, but AV is quite poor.

Anything you download "out of nowhere" should be avoided! Always get them from authors.
    Just remember that having AV is not 100% safety. Never forget backups!