My sincere condolences to the French community

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mr.X, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #1 Mr.X, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    To the French country and mates here in MDL: My sincere condolences for the losses you might have.
    May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days.

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #2 gorski, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    We are all horrified! Our thoughts and empathy is wholeheartedly with them!!!

But the fundamentalists are everywhere and they need to be stopped, "in our midst", also! Western fundamentalists, that is!

Pointing a finger exclusively elsewhere is the easiest thing in the world and it will never solve the problem, I am afraid... We need to see the roots of the problem and they, to my mind, point to "us" as well, not just "abroad", to the "jolly foreigner"...

In a sentence, the problem needs to be resolved (or a series of problems, complex problems), not point a finger and keep the blood-letting going - that will be EXTREMELY hard to stop then and no one needs that! The asymmetric warfare of the powerless is not possible to stop, so we need to think hard and out of the box!

PEACE is what we need! All of Humanity! And to deal with REAL issues! Poverty, hunger, disease, bad or no education, insecurity, heavy exploitation, basic Human Rights, mutual recognition....

But that's the story of our History, as such, so far... So, the struggle continues...

R.I.P. the victims of mindless violence...:(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kraystase

kraystase MDL Junior Member

Mar 22, 2015
    thanks a lot for us, i'm french and i'm in paris, i lost noone but friend yes.... sorry for my english

merci beaucoup de votre soutien, cela ne doit pas exister , je ne sais pas quoi dire tellement c'est grave

Liberte Egalité Fratérnité

4. tensign

tensign MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2015
    My Hart for the love of France

My Hart for the love of France and their familys . let us not not forget.

5. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    #5 windsman, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    French guy here, R.I.P, for the poor victims.

windsman. 6391239.gif

6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    My heart to all who have gone through this horrible event. As a New Yorker who experienced the Trade Center attacks, I can say that I understand how you all feel.

We will -never- forget what was done to us; We will -never- forget what was done to France.

I pray that the monsters who perpetrated this terrible crime against France are brought to justice.

Peace...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Soulfate

Soulfate MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    The terrorism is an allergic response to the capitalist priorities and the globalization processus that are not compatible with everyone, but the death is absolutely not an acceptable answer, nor the war.

As in every met threat, as in every decline of civilization, the humanity knew, knows and will know how to adapt itself and will answer in the best possible way. Undoubtedly. And I hope that love and altruism will win against the extremist faiths.

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité, vive la démocratie et vive Internet !

8. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    I'm glad all of my family and friends in Paris are safe, especially working so close.

May God guide people. I know I'll have lived my life when the power of love overcomes the love of power.

9. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Why would you wish for that? That's exactly what happened in Paris.

My thoughts are with all the victims of ignorance, hate and stupidity - Pakistanis, Afghans and every civilian killed by USA drones in war crimes, as well as Americans of 9/11, French, Norwegians (Breivik) and German victims of xenophobic attacks.

I feel sorry for all the refugees who want to flee from that terror, only to face a new terror by xenophobia and ignorance.

10. wmh

wmh MDL Junior Member

Jun 30, 2015
    #10 wmh, Nov 17, 2015
    If you excuse me, let us not forget all the victims of Boko Haram, in Africa, too. Thousands and thousands of people slaughtered, burnt, etc. for not following the same religious ideals, for being "infidels", for not sharing the idea of a Islamic State and Sharia.

May we find peace amidst the chaos we live every day.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    hey guys!

Don't turn this into a debate or anything related to politics, religion or xenophobia, etc.

I opened this thread exclusively to offer condolences to the French people.

12. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    #12 QuantumBug, Nov 17, 2015
    I'm sorry but don't try and bull$hit me. God gave man free will, does not mean 'God happened in Paris'. We we're given free will and people have unfortunately now turned to it turmoil and the world is going downhill.

I'm deeply saddened by everything, it makes my heart break. Not just for Paris but for everyone and I certainly didn't come here for a debate with you when thousands of people are mourning. Have some respect.

This thread is for hope as Mr. X stated.

13. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    #13 TCM, Nov 17, 2015
    I'm sorry, but if you think these attacks happened for any other reason than people thinking they operate under divine command and with divine justification, you are sadly mistaken. The IS' explicit intent is to establish a god-given law.

I'm deeply deeply sorry for what happened, but if you come into this thread proclaiming "May God guide people", I will respond. That's the exact us-vs-them mindset that causes most trouble in the world in the first place and I'm sick of it.

Don't bring in religion when it's the reason this tragedy happened in the first place. That's insulting to the extreme.

14. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Actually, Muslims follow Sharia Law.

15. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    I meant to say establish it where it isn't already.

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009

It's some (and a very small number of extremist) Muslims and ONLY SOME (NOT MUSLIMS AS SUCH!!!!!)!

Please, a bit of precision wouldn't hurt, as it were!

It would be good for all the victims everywhere!

17. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @TCM: I understand what You're trying to say, but it's not about the moslems. It's about fanatics misinterpreting a spiritual text, a text that tries to teach tolerance and love for Your fellow man.

I don't want to turn this into another religious debate; Everybody know how you feel.
    But this is about trying to offer some semblance of comfort to the poor souls in Paris who endured a horrific ordeal.

And I for one would appreciate it if You would show some decorum and refrain from atheistic aspersions in this thread.

Please.

Thank You.

18. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
  19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Every "nation" does that to varying degrees, yes... we have a long way to go, indeed...

20. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    hi

New to day shootings took place against the terrorist.
    Yesterday the German football matches were canceled.

wiki :g: