My user account is corrupted. Is there any way to completely delete the user account

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jraju, Sep 15, 2013.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #1 jraju, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Some of the program, for eg microsoft office, works weird in my user account and it works perfectly in another accounts.
    Is there any simple way of deleting my user account, but i want to keep all the files and program i downloaded by using this account. I should be able to access the folders i created, and to access the entire users technically.
    As i am the owner of the computer, will i able to access the folders and files ,
    What will be the loss, if i resort to this step. At present,for eg. when i click a word exe it is configuring always. the add on , like conditional sum wizard, add on excel does not work if i log on using my acount.
    Please give solutions.

2. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    First, create new account with administrator's rights, then delete exist account and keep files.

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #3 Humphrey, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    What OS? Windows 7?

As admin run in CMD:
    Code:
     Net User Administrator /Active:Yes 
    No need to make a new admin account for this.
    To undo it just replace /active:yes with /active:no.

Delete the user account whilst keeping the files. Done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Sir, I am little bit confused. Because, there is an inbuilt administrator account, which has all the permissions so that any thing could be accessed. I mean my user account. I am having my own account other than these and one i created some days back. When this msoffice works with no problem in the other and inbuilt admin account, it is giving problem. When computer starts configuring ms office and a dialog box runs for about 10 minutes, when actually the same thing has not been happening in other accounts. I am having problem only in my account . I want to know, if i have deleted my account, then would i be able to access my previous files.
    When i logged in to the other account with admin power,created, i could not access my folders, for that was not there. And the firefox i have there is entirely in different format, may be a version different. How the same machine have one firefox browser for my account and other for the other account even though the computer is one. please tell me how to go about that