my windows keep freezing !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Super001, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Super001

Super001 MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    #1 Super001, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    Super001 is on a distinguished road

Windows 7
    10 posts

Super001 is online now Add to Super001's Reputation Report Post

my windows keep freezing !
    hello everyone

i got a problem and i have nothing 2 do with it till now !

which is from time to time my windows freezes ! and i have 2 restart it like 2-3 times so it can work good again !

i have formated my PC manytimes ! and still the same problem + and i also devided my hardisk but still nothing new .

btw ,there's a sound comes from hardisk sometimes but i dunno what is it , but after i hear it ,it start the freezing thing 4 long time .so could it be somthing from the hardisk

note i got Kaspersky 11 and scanned my computer with other anti-viruses and there's no viruses

AND Last format was like 4 days ago and it was full format too !
    and the computer was awsome and working great ,but now it's freezing again ! and i can't even get to my Desktop or safemode !

my PC

Intel Core2Duo 2.6 MHZ
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    Windows 7 32 bit ( i have tried 64 before but same thing)
    video card Nevida Gforce 9600

so what do u think i have 2 do next ! i'm going 2 get crazy from that

thanks

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Well this can actually be very simple, Hard Drives are not supposed to make noise like that and if your computer freezes when you get that noise then the simple fix would be to replace the hard drive. The reason they make noise is when they become inbalanced or the needle is having issues or some other reason. Same rule applies for the hard drive based ipods, I would know that from experience lol. I can almost bet that if you replace the hard drive you will be fine dude.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Super001

Super001 MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    i thought of that ,but this is the cost solution and i think i'll do it in the end
    but could be anyother way :(

4. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    When the HDD is in bad state/damage there's no other way than replacing it.... it happens to me a long time ago... noise then crashes (no solution for that)...
    So your solution new HDD (consider a SSD);)

5. Super001

Super001 MDL Member

Oct 18, 2009
    ahaa i understand :)

i think this is what i need to do although my computer is a bit new (6 months ago)

and the hardisk i think WDS

what u advice me to buy ? i mean any specific good HD ?

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    If your harddrive is a WDC drive and you got it less then 5 years ago you can get a new one using the warranty. I would make sure what version of HDD you have first, then go to WD if your's is a WDC drive and follow the warranty/support forms and they should be able to help you from there. If it is another company like Seagate or others then it probably will have a 5 year warranty as well, I know Seagate offers that, not sure about the other companies but I would definately use the warranty as it sounds like it would be a viable option for you that is also cheaper.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...