My Windows loader wont work....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by KaozVirtus, Aug 30, 2014.

1. KaozVirtus

KaozVirtus MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2013
    I am getting a message from the loader saying that I have unsupported partition tables?

error.jpg
    What do I do?

2. KaozVirtus

KaozVirtus MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2013
    This is just perfect....
    "Q. The loaders status says "Unsupported partition table", why is this?A. You're either using GPT on a UEFI motherboard or you've got a locked OEM partition. Both problems can be fixed by fully formatting your entire hard drive."

Now I have to get all of the drivers, and information that I need to do a clean Win 7 install.... FML!

:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for the quick reply though!

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    sometimes its better to research prior to jumping off the cliff :D lol

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Yup, always jump off the cliff AFTER researching ;)

5. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    You have a wrong type of hard drive, change it to MBR and you will be able to activate Windows.

6. fundaloo

fundaloo MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2014
    I am glad you found the solution to your problem. I have the same issue as you but the problem is I don't know how to format a hard drive. :confused:

7. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    LMAO

Maybe you should do the previously mentioned suggestion (err the one about doing research, not the one about jumping off the cliff)

When you install Windows from the DVD you just delete the existing drives and create new partitions. It's all graphical these days.

If you must use GPT due to for example the size of the drive, then consider using VL software and the Microsoft Toolkit, or a SLIC modified bios with appropriate key/OEM certs. That would require more jumping off cliffs, err I mean more research.

8. KaozVirtus

KaozVirtus MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2013
    I just used my good and handy windows 7 disc (legit copy) and booted it up with the disc and pressed "shift + F10" when it said the options for a "custom setup" or "basic" setup. I then used diskpart... list disk... select disk 0.... then typed "clean" which wipes the disk. then installed windows 7 on my 240 SSD... My huge problem now is that I cant seem to find my 1.5tb data hard drive listed in the computer, except for the disk management section where it asked me for the option to chose MBR or GPT, and yes I chose MBR.

now whats with the 1.5tb of data ont showing up :eek::eek::eek::eek::fear::fear::fear: