My Windows won't start

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by seravinth, Jul 9, 2012.

1. seravinth

seravinth MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2012
    i have a pirated windows 7 that i have been using for 1 year, because i have seen many of my friends using the 7Loader i am being asked to do that as well

when the 7Loader starts i choose the apple icon and clicked the install 7loader icon
    my mac suddenly restarts and the windows wont load, i can't even go to the BIOs

please help me get back my windows, i'm using a mac and i use both mac osX and windows

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 Daz, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    You used an out of date loader.

If you can boot a Windows 7 DVD then you should be able to use the recovery commands.

Code:
    ##########################################################################
    #   1   -   Recovery
    ##########################################################################
    Is Windows failing to boot after you installed the loader? Just do the following.

* Boot up the PC from your Windows installation disk
    * Select the "Repair your computer" option
    * Select "Command Prompt"
    * Input "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" (without quotes)
    * Restart the PC

Note: If the above doesn't fix your boot issue then use the command "bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force" instead. Just make sure you remove all USB flash drives before you use the command.
    I'm not sure if pressing Esc or F8 would get you into the older loaders boot menu as that wasn't developed by BobSheep or myself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #3 PhaseDoubt, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    It's been years since I used an Apple computer to any great extent, but doesn't Apple Time Machine allow for disk backup and restore? Or is that strictly limited to Apple OS installation?

If your friends talked you into doing something, ("i have seen many of my friends using the 7Loader i am being asked to do that as well"), maybe you need to ask them to help you recover from a problem their advice seems to have caused.

Given the thread I found here is dated 2009, I tend to believe 7Loader is not very well supported if it is still supported at all. I'm sure I'll be corrected on that, but other activation methods seem to have taken the forefront. Daz's loader for example.

Have you posted on any Apple forums? What did they have to say if anything?

If your situation was strictly a Windows problem, I'd advise you ditch 7Loader in favor of a different activation method. If that didn't work, and all else failed, wipe your drive and reinstall Windows. And get the Windows 7 iso file from a link provided by this forum. These downloads you can trust; others sources in my opinion are just too chancy.

EDIT: There you go ... Daz has spoken.