n00bie question on how to Install Windows 7

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ian82, Jul 29, 2013.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I gifted my mom a Mac Book Air 13.3' which has a 120 GB SSD

She hates Mac OS and can't get used to it so I offered to maybe install Windows 7 on it but I have a few questions so please bare with meh:

1) If I totally format the SSD she has and install Windows 7, can I in the future reinstall MacOS by simply holding Command + some F button to initialize the setup which will download the Mac OS files from the web? or is that not a possibility if the SSD's partition was tampered with

2) Where do I get the drivers for the Mac Book Air for Windows 7?

3) If I want to install Windows 7 side by side, baring in mind that here SSD is only 120 GB how would you do it, where would you partition the SSD from, and what is the procedure in detail

please help meh Im a n00bie

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    I am not clear about this step:

"After the installation of Windows is complete and you insert your installation flash drive or disc containing the Boot Camp support software (while booted in Windows), it is automatically installed on your Mac."

where do I get that boot campt support software?

Also, how much space does Mac OS need? I don't know how much shall I partition for MacOS and how much for Windows

She will store all her personal data on an external HDD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009