Need a hand with activation on tri-boot system

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by antispam246, Aug 9, 2009.

1. antispam246

antispam246 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    Hi new here, have read around a fair bit and still having trouble activating my windows 7 ultimate.

I have a triple boot system,

winxp on disk 0 (3 partitions)
    winvista on disk 1 ( 3 partitions)
    win7 on disk 1 (3rd partition)

xp is C:
    vista is X:
    win7 is W:

I believe I'm using the vista boot loader, I recall having to use this when attempting a reverse dual boot between xp and vista so i used a program called "VistaBootPro" to uninstall the legacy boot lodaer and use vistas.

Now, I've tried to use 3 of the available software activators, wow7, hazar's and hazars and orbits, each gives me the same issue.

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive device harddisk4 DR4"

Even after this error maeesage the activators continue as if still working but after the reboot and checking activation is still required and trial period is still ongoing.

I've searched long and hard for a solution and with litle luck, some of the activator writers suggest trying an alternative activator when facing the above error, but to no avail.

I don't believe I have a system reserved partition as there is no mention of one in the disk management.

I'd really appreciate any help with this, not sure what my best option is based on my multiboot system. I'd ideally not want to have to reformat and move drives around if possible.

2. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Bios mod will do the trick :)

3. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Why do you need so many windows? Just use XP and Seven or Vista and Seven.

4. antispam246

antispam246 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    Would using XP and Seven resolve the issue though? I'd have to either upgrade from vista to seven (possible?), I originally upgraded from 7 beta to 7 rtm. Or format vista partition and reinstall 7 there. Again,. would this actually resolve my issue?

I have multiple OS's for various reasons. Mostly, testing, I could sacrifice vista however as I now have it emulated elsewhere via VMWare.

I have successfully activated win 7 on a notebook with a single drive 3 partitions using hazars origianl activator, just can't get my head round it on my multiboot desktop.

I've looked through the bio mod threads and there is no update for requests of my bios, Dell Phoenix AO7.

5. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    #5 Lenmaer, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    Well you don't need a loader for XP, so it should work without prob.
    You can upgrade from Vista to Seven but a fresh install is always better.
    But before doing all this, you must remove all loaders because they're messing around with your systems.

If there is no mod request, then just request one.

6. antispam246

antispam246 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    Sorry can you clarify a few things for me? XP doesn't need a loader? I thought it used the legacy loader. I understand it doesn't need a loader when dual booted with vista/7 as they take preference, so what loader is used if it's xp/7 and will i have to manually adjust it as I did with xp/vista, baring in mind XP is the first OS installation, which as I mentioned earlier causes a few problems when dual booting.

How would I go about removing all loaders? As far as i'm aware only the vista loader is in use and it's this which is enabling me to dual boot to my OS's otehrwise I wouldn't actually be able to get into them. I spent a long time tweaking the loader to work on my system and I know if I remove it, it's going to causes issues.

Is your advice based on me doing a clean install of win7 on the vista partition from boot? Rather than upgrading within windows? Therefore by doing so the loaders won't be required and win7 will then reincorporate the winxp installation allowing me to regain access as a dual boot. Will win7 automatically detect this?

There is no bios mod but there are two requests, there's no need for me to re-re-request. I'll have to wait on it, but would prefer to stay away from bios fiddling.

7. antispam246

antispam246 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    #8 antispam246, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)