Need a little bit of help with WHS :)

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Gruelius, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Gruelius

Gruelius MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    #1 Gruelius, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    After googing for a long while and finally signing up to this forum (used blog posts from here quite a few times to get around win xp nagging)

Anyway originally i got a OEM build from uncle torrence and installed that thinking antiwpa would work on it and of course it hasnt. Since then ive learnt about SLP activation and what not.

So i ran oembios.exe and i got the line

"F: HP & Compaq OEMBIOS.CAT CRC=CD4E1902"

So i grabbed the DMI bootcd to modify the SLP 1.0 string to HP to get it to work, then when i ran OEMBIOS.exe i had two more lines

"F:Hewlett-Packard OEMBIOS... blah"
    and the same of ^ lol

Running the activation script from Fixedbit's whs disc maker says it works but after restarting, running msoobe.exe /a comes up with the activation panel and tells me i have 13 days left.

Am i right in thinking that i have not activated it and i will probavbly need to make a disc and reinstall?

I have a Pheonix Award Bios based motherboard.

Also how do i check that the DMI tool worked?

And if someone has a comprehensive wiki on how slic and slp works in detail that would be great :) as i understand its just strings in the bios identifying the motherboard as a OEM board, allowing it to be activated easily. What i dont get is what the OEMBIOS things are for lol

Can you do a bootloader for the slp thing?

Can i use the Evaluation ISO to create a HP OEM disc using the WHSmaker?

And thanks for all the great work for all who have been releasing tools :D

2. Gruelius

Gruelius MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Nevermind,

I used the oembios changer to change it to the HP OEM bios and... its activated :D

thankyou all! (ill be making guides for noobs later on)