Need a little help here

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by izh34, Aug 5, 2009.

1. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Hi everbody. I have a problem here with my windows 7. It all begins after I updated my windows 7 with update pack.

First of all, I use WoW7.0.1 to activate my windows 7 and it actually works for me. I still can log in my window for several times. But just after I updated my windows with updated package and restart, my computer stuck at the boot screen. It seems it can't load the windows. After a while waiting and restarting, I was thinking of formating my computer. I boot with the cd and I try to format it but my friend hold it and saying about flashing my bios. He said he knows how to do it. So he removes a kind of battery on my motherboard and put it in back. After that he switch on my computer yet the problem remain the same. Stuck at the boot screen. Finally we decided to format my computer but now the bios can't even read to boot with cd!

Can anyone give me a suggestion what is the main problem of this and the solution? I don't know who is profesional around my place here.

2. ammarman

ammarman MDL Member

Jul 17, 2009
    what that have to do with flashing the BIOS ??

3. dany20mh

dany20mh MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2007
    My English Is Not Good , Hope You Understand It .

When You Off The Battery , Your CMOS Memory Delete , And You Must Going To Bios Option At The First Turn On Your Computer And Set All Of The Setting , Time , Boot , ... , And Your DVD Is Not Boot , Because Your Boot Is Change From DVD To Another Such As Hard , Or Floppy , ...

And For The First Problem , I Think You Must Update Your Computer And Then Active It With WOW .

But I Recommend You , Update Your Bios With A Modded Bios , And Relax For All Of This .

Sorry For My Bad English .

4. Bax!

Bax! MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Removing the battery restores your bios to default settings.

Simply enter your bios and change the boot load setting to boot from your DVD and you will be fine again.

5. 0ldBear

0ldBear MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    You may want to be a little cautious about letting your friend help in flashing the bios:)

cheers

6. Bloodbat

Bloodbat MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Most BIOSes can be restored to default settings with an option inside the BIOS itself...or a jumper, no need to remove the battery...but too late for that.
    The question is...did you flash the BIOS with a modded one? If so, you could have a bad flash...and need to reflash, if possible, with the correct BIOS.
    If by boot screen you mean the Windows boot screen (let's call the BIOS one POST screen and the Windows one Boot screen ;)) then your Windows is screwed, but can be easilly fixed, most BIOS will get stuck after removing the battery because they need to be reconfigured. If you did not flash the BIOS try pressing a number of keys if stuck on POST screen, including: F1, TAB, F8, F12, ESC and Del, on most BIOS at least one will do something, mainly: allow it to continue, enter the BIOS itself or display a boot order menu, so that you can at least select the DVD to boot...there are a number of other keys that could be useful, as they are not standard, I'm only listing the ones that work for most BIOS I've seen. Read your Motherboard manual, it *should* list the correct keys for your BIOS.

Bloodbat

7. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #7 izh34, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  8. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Woahhh...what a relief. The lo*der itself jaming my computer and not the flash. I will be more careful now about flashing my bios...

9. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #9 HotCarl, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
    If you use a lo*der, there is no reason to touch your BIOS. The fact that you are using a lo*der should have been a signal to your buddy that you had not modified your BIOS (as you wouldn't need to use a lo*der if you had flashed it...).
    First off, if I were you, I would not let my buddy touch my PC anymore. :p
    Next, if that lo*der is taking too long to load, try using a different lo*der...there are a few different lo*ders available, so maybe a different lo*der will work better, or load faster...
    A lo*der, by its very nature, does nothing to the BIOS. It just loads up the SLIC tables into memory (where the BIOS would if SLIC were present in your BIOS) before Windows 7 loads, essentially tricking Win7 into "thinking" that your BIOS is SLIC 2.1 enabled.
    If you are thinking about *flashing* your BIOS, I would read up on what the process entails. It is not for novice users, as you run the risk of actually bricking your BIOS, and thus your motherboard...thus rendering your PC useless. If you fail to flash your BIOS correctly, and your motherboard manufacturer does not provide you with a recovery method (e.g. a jumper on the motherboard, etc.) the next stop for your PC will most likely be the repair shop...and it will (usually) cost money (unless you work there)...