Need a protected file sharing service like ftp

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ege914, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Hi i'm searching for a free service like ftp or free ftp server..

I need to share 2-3 files. to 10-20 people. And they all going to have different time lenght to acces file. So i need to give them different username and passwords to acces that folder. And when their time finishes i will delete that user. just like ftp accessing.

for exp u─▒ser x has 10 days, y has 15 days. after 10 days x user will be deleted and after 5 more days y will be deleted too... it can be manual np. just need to assign different username and passes like ftp.

Do you know anything like this?

(tried google drive expiring links plugin, not easy to use and not i am looking for)
    (dropbox and onedrive premium is too expensive - need something free)
    (sorry for grammer mistakes, eng is not my main language)

and thanks for help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Addicted

Nov 26, 2012
    ftp or FTP is not server, but the File Transfer Protocol (FTP), it is the standard network protocol used for the transfer of computer files between a client and server on a computer network.
    FTP is often secured with SSL/TLS (FTPS). SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is sometimes also used instead; it is technologically different.
    Free and most known ftp client is Mozilla - https://filezilla-project.org/

3. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    yeah thats why i said not the client i need server. i know clients thanks. i need server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...