need a quick answer on wich win8 i need to install

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by limpme, Jan 31, 2014.

1. limpme

limpme MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2014
    hi,
    im not going to get into much detail but i hav win8 64 pro key wich my bud is using.
    he advised its for limited amount of users at work
    my question is wich win8 should i be installing based on the info i gave? just normal win 8 or win8 vl ?

he is using a custom pc wich works fine with the key.but he does not know much about wich version etc.

thnx

2. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    Windows 8 Pro x64. As I know VL not compatible to your key

3. limpme

limpme MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2014
    thank you for reply.
    so was it just a normal key that was bought for multiple users to use ? how many users normally can use suchba key?

4. limpme

limpme MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2014
    also, can upgrade to win8.1 after installing win8 pro?

5. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    If you will use one key to activate more than one machine it will eventually be blocked by Microsoft. Retail and oem channel keys are meant to activate ONE machine only. Well technically you can do that but like i said your key weill be eventually blocked and you will have to deal with Microsoft through phone. Your choice. Better option is to just get windows 8.1 PRO x64 VL iso and activate it with Microsoft toolkit 2.5.

6. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010
    #6 BigW, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    @all who replyed to limpme: To be honest nobody can realy asume which key his bud is using.

This could mean anything.

1. He is supplied a retail-key from his emploer (unlikly)
    2. He is supplied a MAK-key from his emploer (more likly because of the wording of "limited amount of users")
    3. He used a generic VL-ClientKey for activating from a KMS-Server in House (even companies whith there own KMS-Servers aren't allowed to a certain ammount of purchased licenses)

This means his bud is merly using a pc provided by the IT-guyes he works at and they installed a Windows 8 on it and somehow got a glimpse on something he thinks is a ligit key for a Windows 8.

I also don't like the perception of this thread that you have a key. You don't know what and how but you need advice for which Windows you have to install. I think it should be the other way round. You have to asess which Windows Version you want/need than if you buy this version of Windows you got the right key and you are able to activate the Windows for a proper use. If you don't buy Windows than you have plenty of Threads in this forum which tell you in great detail which Windows flafour you need to successfully activate your Windows. You always have consider that a Windows Product-Key always has one certain windows-flavour and has a certain way of activating this certain flavour of Windows.

You also could have asked something the line of:
    subject:
    need a quick answer on wich Mercedes i need to grab

im not going to get into much detail but i hav a key for a Mercedes S-Class from 2012 wich my bud is using.
    he advised its for limited amount of users at work
    my question is wich Mercedes S-Class should i be getting based on the info i gave? just normal Mercedes S-Class or Mercedes S-Class Company Car ?

he is using a customized key chain and seats wich works fine with the key.but he does not know much about wich version etc.