Need a raw Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Froyr, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Froyr

Froyr MDL Novice

May 15, 2015
    Hy all,
    First of all, i want to make it clear that I have been coming on this forum for quite some time to find solutions and I want to thank the hard work of all members.

I'm looking for the simplest, no-frills OFFICIAL Windows 10 and the lightest possible.
    Let me explain, I would like a Windows 10 that just works, without Windows Defender, Microsoft gaming, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Edge, Cortona and whatever else is not needed because I just want to install MY favorite softwares.

I had Windows 10 LTSC installed, which was fine with me, but Windows Defender and a Microsoft game still came preinstalled.

I tried to search in the Forum the different versions of Windows but got a bit lost.

Could you just enlighten me by telling me that such a product exists?

I also want to point out that I would try to keep this windows 10 updated through Windows Update, without it unintentionally installing the programs listed above.

(sorry i'm not english)

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    No, it does not. At best you could create a custom ISO with NTlite and that is it. Or you can try the new Windows 10X, once it comes out.

3. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Just disable Defender or install your preferred AV, and uninstall the game. This is the easiest solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Froyr

Froyr MDL Novice

May 15, 2015
    #4 Froyr, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    (OP)
    I suspected a bit, thank you for responding so quickly!

5. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    It is worth taking the time to learn how to create your own custom images not only to remove all of the stuff you don't want but to also include things like drivers and updates to expedite the install process.

I stumbled on this forum years ago due to being frustrated with all of the preinstalled stuff that comes with Windows and searching for a solution. Today, I build my own install images with exactly with what I want included.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  7. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    +1 for what he said. You start monkeying around with the install image, you are very likely to cause problems. Just install Windows, then install the A/V and software that you want to replace the Windows build in stuff. The Microsoft supplied A/V, games, software (photo view, music player, etc, etc, etc) will not cause you any problems once you have set the default to your preferred software (VLC, Irfan, etc). They will take up a little space on your hard drive, and that is it. And hard drive space (even SSD), is cheap.

ON EDIT: If you really want a barebones system to play with, why don't you try Linux?

8. Froyr

Froyr MDL Novice

May 15, 2015
    Hello all,

I am an casual user, I start my PC and use it like everyone else, I want and I launch, an intact window.
    I don't use an antivirus, so I don't see the point of having one preinstalled (windowds Defender) that downloads updates (even disabled) and sends data in the background even if it is not running. I am using windows, just because I have some softwares that works on it. My concern is that I wanted to install Windows 10 LTSC N but I have music software that requires me to have Windows Media. But when I install the Windows Media patch, I have a whole bunch of stuff that I don't need. I really need a pure Windows which can install everything without adding anything (windows media patch or others ...)
    That's why.

I tried that, but windows defender still downloads updates after a while and I don't believe "Game" can be uninstalled natively.

9. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    Sorry. I did not see [Solved].

10. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    The "everything is bloat" mentality.
    Just take a regular LTSC iso, take MSMG toolkit, remove all components except windows store back-end(needed for dch drivers) and you have your iso. There's no official iso that matches your description.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Froyr

Froyr MDL Novice

May 15, 2015
    you say that for "game"?
    yes, I could find that but what bothers me is the whole process of defending Windows which, even completely deactivated, continues to send notifications and to make updates which ends up reactivating it ....

(my problem is not really solved but the question on this post is ^^)

TY, i trying this.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Please ask in the thread of the used tool:
    MSMG ToolKit

N is not a feature edition, it's crippled by design, enforced by EU law, and when you want to use multimedia stuff just use the regular non N edition.

13. Froyr

Froyr MDL Novice

May 15, 2015
    Ok i try this, and i come back report the solution if i have,
    Ty

14. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009