Need a Urgent help to get my Data..

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by JoomlaHackers.Net, Aug 22, 2010.

1. JoomlaHackers.Net

JoomlaHackers.Net MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2009
    Hello..
    I have a Sony Vaio Laptop with Visa Home Premium since 2 years.
    Never had any problems and I never used an anti virus also, since its just deals with some company important files and stuff.

Dont know, what happened , now when I startup, it opens woth blank screen and no icons, no desktop background, no windows taskbar, nothing. :worthy:

I had to goto ALT CTRL DEL to start the Task Manager and then create the new task as explorer.exe to get my desktop back.

Looks like my core windows files are infected with some virus. :eek:

When I tried to goto Control Panel > Security to switch on automatic updates, it dint let me go there and said ,

There are some very very important data on this system.
    All I need now is to first get this data backed up to my Ext HDD , so that I can then sit and repair the system with system restore or vista reinstall or whatever.

When I try to insert my USB of Ext HDD , it just doesnt recognize it also.
    So, whats the ultimate solution now ? :confused::confused:

2. odiea

odiea MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    You can try to restart into safemode F8 . If you have internet connection download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Run this as needed to eliminate virus. You can also try going into safemode and doing a system restore. A driveby virus got me the other day and this is what I had to do. I also used ccleaner to stop any programs from restarting the nasty virus. You may also have to change the connection on internet explorer and uncheck all the lan stuff to get internet to work. Good luck

3. JoomlaHackers.Net

JoomlaHackers.Net MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2009
    Does Vista open in Safe Mode ?
    I tried this a lot, but dint come up.

I was thinking to get to Safe mode and backup all data .

s**t, let me try again.

4. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Take the drive out of your lappy. Plug it into a SATA port of a PC..Bingo...Save all the files you want.

Any SATA cable and PC power cable for SATA will plug into the back of your lappy's HDD...

Summet similar happened to me a while back and this is what i did...Worked a treat.....

Then i just installed a new OS onto the Sony HDD once it was back in the laptop....

5. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Another suggestion : U can try to boot from cdrom or usb that had live xp or other bootable pe (for an example hiren's boot cd) n after the windows GUI appear u can remove the virus from there or backup ur data.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dcasi34

dcasi34 MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2008
    Or download Linux Knoppix 6.2 live cd...mount your C:/ drive ..then backup your files to a usb or external drive.

7. bAiLeY

bAiLeY MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    Dunno if this will work on vista, but its common on xp virused machines.....so.....bring up new task as you did before, but run regedit. Navigate to hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows NT\currentversion\winlogon and check that the userinit value is C:\WINDOWS\System32\userinit.exe, with the comma on the end. Anything other than this will give the symptoms you describe. Good luck m8

8. antman67

antman67 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    I used regedit and it worked for me too, Thanks

9. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    @JH.N
    Poor you :p See here it's a thread I started a month ago, having a same case with yours.

The suggestion from holy urie :D is to use a hard drive docking station (ide sata). Then immediately backup the files from your internal HDD to another desktop by putting the internal one on the docking station which is linked to another computer. Then copy them to the external one. Done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Just wondering how this was going.

Is was posted as "urgent"....Lots of folk with ideas.

Have the files been saved ? If so how ?

Curious.....