Need advise

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by shashikumar bhat, Sep 2, 2011.

1. shashikumar bhat

shashikumar bhat MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2011
    I had two hard disks on my computer.One is 250 GB, OS XP, other is 500GB. OS Win 7 and Win7 Sp.1. Both were connected. The older one, ie. 250Gb. died suddenly. One day it was working fine and next day I found it was dead. I have tried recuva, Todo, Nero and all of them report "8 Gb. space only". I lost a lot of my data and have start from scratch.

I am thinking of buying a 1 TB. internal hard disk. I searched the net and was stunned by the adverse reports. Some say it gets heated up and the cpu can not cool it properly. Some say it makes noise. Some complained how their disk packed up and they lost all data. etc. etc.

Please let me know the pros and cons of 1Tb. internal hard disk with your recommendations. Where I live, I have no choice except seagate and WD.

Thanks.:confused:

2. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I am using a seagate 1 tb hdd, and blv me, I am not facing any problem like you said...
    It's true that the hdd gets heated up, but it's not that cpu can't cool it...
    In my cabinate, there is 2 fans to cool hdd and other motherboard tools..and the hdd is working fine for me since 6 months.......:) so don't worry.....

3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    To try to recover the tools you posted are all kind of crap (Recuva is really really bad), Try GetDataBack.

As for HDD, the Size doesnt really matter, but you want a Fast Drive for OS, Western Digital would be a Raptor or Black Cavier (bigger size, but fast) or a SSD, they are now at 1$ per GB.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. shashikumar bhat

Jul 13, 2011
    Thanks. But I have no provision for 2 fans in my cabinet.

5. shashikumar bhat

Jul 13, 2011
    acrsn thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. I will follow the second para. Go for 2x500 GB HDDs. one only as a backup for data. Os I am not worried. I have the isos and loader. My cabinet does not have provision for front fan. There is one on the side but it cools only the pci slots. So is it ok. to run 2x500GB hdds run without additional cooling? I think so but still need reassurance.
    Again a big thank you for your suggestions and isos.