Need bios for Toshiba Satellite c70-c-199

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by lleess, Aug 18, 2016.

1. lleess

lleess MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2016
    Hello all,

I've bought recently a toshiba satellite c70-c-199 (product code pscsle-003004g5)and updated it to windows 10. Now it is like a black brick after installing updates with toshiba service utility. The symptoms are like I need bios recovery. There is no info on toshiba website about my situation. Also there is no bios download for my model.

It's not easy to go to toshiba service. I am far far away from it. About 5 hour by plane and thousand dollars. So, I want to try recover bios by crisis recovery from usb or cd.

My question is: could you please help me with this?

I don't know what type of bios in toshiba satellite c70-c-199 (product code pscsle-003004g5) . Phoenix bios, Insyde bios or other? And version?

Could you please send me bios backup file from your satellite c70-c-199?

Is there a crisis bios recovery in toshiba satellite c70-c-199? How it works?

Hope you help me. There is not much people with this toshiba notebook model.

Thank you for your help.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lleess

lleess MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2016
    Hello tnx.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately there is no bios downloads for my produc code (pscsle).

4. lleess

lleess MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2016
    Hello pisthai,

Thanks! I will see what in there.

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  6. lleess

lleess MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2016
    After I've removed all devices out notebook, and I powered it on with Fn (or win) + F ( or B, R and ESC) default filename BIOS.fd (extracted 8192kb or original ARES510.FD) saved to 2gb thumb fat formatted and connected to usb port.
    And then got plugged in power cord and notebook got turned on for 10 second, then powered off for 5 seconds, then powered on again, and then in nearly 15 second cpu fun started at high speed and never ends.
    Unfortunately the Phoenix tool doesn't give me any correct filename for bios recovery. I've have tried most popular extensions (fd, f, bin, bi, rom, ro, wph, bios) but nothing bad or good happens.

Any ideas? What I should try next?