Need Clarification on Activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by synth, Jul 28, 2009.

1. synth

synth MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Ok, so I am going to flash my new Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 board tomorrow (as long as I have the steps right), I just wanted to make sure I will be doing everything right.

These are the steps I plan to do:

1. Boot into DOS with a bootable USB drive

2. Enter flashspi EX58UD5_SLIC.F7 <-- Should the BIOS file be sitting on the flash drive or somewhere on my c:?

3. Return to windows, and type "slmgr.vbs -ilc C:\ASUS.XRM-MS" and press enter. Wait for the dialog box indicating the license file was installed successfully.

4. Type slmgr.vbs -ipk XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX and press enter. (where the X's will be my ASUS key that I found in a stick)
    Wait for the dialog box indicating the key was installed successfully.

5. Reboot

Can someone please let me know if these are the right steps to take to flash my BIOS (which inserts the ASUS slic) and install the ASUS cert and key?

Much appreciated in advanced.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. synth

synth MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    #3 synth, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  4. meowie

meowie MDL Junior Member

Jul 12, 2009
    #4 meowie, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    Go for the oldie tbh :) .

Think some asus beta bios are a bit tricky on their own , and with adding the risk of the slic etc it becomes a bit more dangerous :D

Then again the latest is by Busykid that rocks , but at least for his board he said it's dangerous to use the betas (Asus board as well , forgot model)