Need custom Windows 7 for old PC

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by monstertruckpa, Dec 5, 2017.

1. monstertruckpa

monstertruckpa MDL Junior Member

Apr 5, 2016
    #1 monstertruckpa, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    I've the laptop DELL VOSTRO with windows 7 ultimate 32bit updated with all kb:
    Internal specifications:
    1024 ddr2 ram.
    8mb video intel gma,
    processor Celeron 2ghz 1 core.
    hard disk sata hitachi 160gb 5400rpm
    problems about this pc:
    chrome,facebook, twiiter and mediaplayers running slowest, the antivirus animation too. I need to buy a new pc but iven't money in this moments, xp is not the solution due to the death of the update service..I want to an windows OS compatible with browsers, MPCHC, libraries vcredist, .net, java, AV, malwarebytes antiexploit etc. fast and light. Somebody, friendly, that can recommend me some version.

2. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    try some custom made win 7 lite version. i've used them, they use about 30 to 40% less ram compared to full version. i will send you some link to win 7 lite in msg.

3. monstertruckpa

Apr 5, 2016
    please send me windows 7 lite iso updated to day 2017 november.

4. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Frankenbuild? no way jose, you never know whats in them, unless you know and trust the creator.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    well it has been uploaded on team os site by a verifed elite uploader,, i trust them but not too sure.

6. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Best way to use a frankenbuild is to look at them, see what and how they have done things then build your own. eXPerience anyone :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    that will take probably more experiance and knowledge to make a successful lite os. normal user probably better off with already available lite os upladed by somewhat trusted uplader.

8. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    There is a mountain of knowledge and experience in forums. Build your own. Each to their own though. :)

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @LoverOfLove, the reason your links would have been deleated.
    From forum rules: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/forum-rules.18562/

10. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    I think the only home brews i would (kindve)trust are murphys but thats only because of his reputation.

11. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    #12 John Sutherland, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  12. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Pretty sure there is a simple workaround to get XP updates for another few years using POS reg edit or something here on MDL

13. monstertruckpa

Apr 5, 2016
    I'm not sure, but according to comments on several forums, this trick no longer works.

14. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    How about trying a light Linux distro? Should be able to find alternative softwares that work just as well as the list you say don't work with 7

And it is highly unlikely that a lite 7 will allow anything to run better than a normal 7 other than maybe using slightly less resources, more likely to be the GPU power causing your problems, 8MB Intel GPU = slow everything other than XP and previous OS or older light Linux

Don't expect to be able to play HD videos perfectly either no matter what OS

Single Core Celeron CPU won't be helping either

Pretty much IMO I would just install XP and forget about updates, install an AV and be careful what sites you visit, that hardware is EOL and too low spec'd for any modern OS tbh

15. monstertruckpa

Apr 5, 2016
    Im thinking about that. an abstract linux, with little transparencial trash or glasstexture. althout, on the other hands, in my junkyard I found a micro intel core 2 duo 2.8ghz, I'm too lazy to open that DELL Vostro A860, It's a mess unclog all, and unscrew all those hinges.. In addition, the womens we suffer from fear, thinking that we can harm something.

16. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Unlikely you'd be able to switch out the CPUs, even if the sockets were the same which they almost certainly won't be, the BIOS probably won't have support for the new chip and the heatsink/cooler won't be able to cope

17. I used to make these lite OSes back in the day. My primary aim was to make the os take less hdd space. In 2011, SSDs were becoming more and more popular, started from 32GB and up to 64GB. Obviously, a Windows 7 of 20GB size wasn't gonna cut. It made in 3 parts: first, remove all non-essential system packages via dism, second, remove components using vlite, and thrid, remove remaining leftovers from winsxs.
    The last one I built was a Windows 7 x64 and used only 1.2GB of hdd space. Not too bad for a 32GB SSD.

It won't work faster but will consume a lot less disk space.

18. Winaddict

Winaddict MDL Junior Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Can you trust M$crosoft? I believe you don't!