Need Emergency Help With New Computer Installation!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SkyForce6, Nov 15, 2011.

1. SkyForce6

SkyForce6 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    Hi!

My current 4 year old Acer computer is in a really bad shape and is barely starting up anymore. So I need to buy and build a brand new computer.

When I finish building it, it is time to install Windows 7 on it.

So basically I need help with the following:

- To find a Swedish version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    -To create and burn a bootable DVD using Nero (or perhaps the ISO image of the Windows 7 Ultimate is already bootable?)

So that I can install a working copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on my new machine!

I am a noob when it comes to this sort of thing. So please be gentle with me :worthy:

2. 7hp

7hp MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2011
    ISO image of Windows 7 is already bootable.

3. SkyForce6

SkyForce6 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    But that is not SP1, I want the SP1 version and it must be the Ultimate version to change the language!

Someone Pm'ed me the Ultimate SP1 Swedish version, but it was split up in multiple RAR's and it was on a service called netfolder. I can only download one file at a time and is limited to 100MB per hour so I can not download it from there.

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    How about searching?

There are several threads with the new updated SP1 version. I have a thread with links to each.
    Also downloads, swedish among other languages.

5. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
  6. SkyForce6

SkyForce6 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    I did just that. I went ahead and downloaded the English 64 bit version. I just realized that I can change language afterwards. I have also burned the image on a TDK DVD+R disc using Nero Burning Rom. I saw that there are some files in that image that appears to be boot files so I guess it is already bootable.

Will I be needing a serial during any part of the installation? What about activation?

I have heard about stories where people get the not genuine message after a couple of months, or during installation of drivers for various hardware suddenly get the not genuine message despite showing it was activated. I guess those sort of problems have something to do with WGA. So I wonder what is the safest and best way to run Windows without problems?

Why is there so many methods on this site to make Windows genuine? Why is there not just one method that works for everybody?

7. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Are you purchasing individual components (Motherboard, CPU, ram, optical and hard drives, case, power supply, etc) then putting the parts together or are you buying another brand name computer (HP, Acer, Sony, etc)?

If you're building your own, collect a few motherboard candidates and check back if there's a pre-modded SLIC 2.1 BIOS flash available for it here at MDL. If there is- then you just flash the new MB with the SLIC 2.1 bin and OEM activate Win7 for lifetime without loaders, scripts, etc... it's the simplest way to go.

8. SkyForce6

SkyForce6 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    #9 SkyForce6, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    (OP)
    This time I am building it myself.

I just wonder if a web browser like IE is installed when I install Windows 7?

I am worried that I can not go out on the internet and download and install everything I need after I installed Windows 7.

Can you explain a bit more about pre modded SLIC 2.1 BIOS Flash? How do I OEM activate for lifetime without a loader?

Sounds interesting!

The mobbo I will be using is ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3.

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    doesnt the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 mobo have a UEFI bios? :(

11. SkyForce6

SkyForce6 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    Yes it does!
    Pretty much
    all modern mobbos have UEFI except the Gigabyte ones that have some sort of hybrid.

Why the sad face?:wassat:

12. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    i dont believe daz's loader works on UEFI bios ? and i havnt seen any body say with any sucess they have a modded UEFI bios. please correct me if im wrong:(

13. SkyForce6

SkyForce6 MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2011
    #14 SkyForce6, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    I just read this:

Code:

###########################################################################   4   -   UEFI motherboards##########################################################################The loader doesn't work when the systems using GPT via UEFI. The workaround is to pre-format your hard drive so that it uses MBR instead.From your BIOS select to boot the Windows DVD without UEFI, go to the repair options, select command prompt and then enter this:diskpartlist diskselect disk 0cleanconvert mbrcreate partition primaryselect partition 1format fs=ntsf quickBoot the Windows DVD the same way you did the first time and then continue with the installation of Windows. Once complete you can install the loader.
    So there seem to be a way to use Daz loader. But I am confused by the instructions. Where in the BIOS do I select to boot the Windows 7 DVD without UEFI?

Repair options? Is that some option in the BIOS or is that on the Windows DVD?

After the disk have been changed to MBR, do this mean that UEFI interface will be disabled on my motherboard? I still want to use UEFI interface when I boot into my BIOS to make changes. Will this not be possible when I have changed to mbr?

14. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    sorry but somebody with more smarts will have to help you, i can see by those instructions you have it can be confusing it looks like there talking about a duel bios option.
    why not go to the source "ask Daz if his loader can help". im getting a new mother board and cpu but im going to wait a while until this bios mess is fixed. o_O
    sorry i couldnt be of more help :eek:

15. dkinsano

dkinsano MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2011
    It just like your pc come from factory with original licensing