need firmware update tool

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by cha09, Jun 18, 2011.

1. cha09

cha09 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    hi, i'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section so could a mod fix this just in-case.

i'm having a problem with a danone proprietary hs-usb modem, it seems the current firmware on it has gone nuts, as soon as i connect to the internet it stays connected to the net for like 2-3 minutes and then automatically disconnect from the net buy itself, it has firmware version 2.0.0.1 which is a ZTE firmware, from my understanding there's a newer firmware made for it that is much stable than the one that i currently have, can someone help me out in telling me where i can find a update tool so that i can update the firmware to a newer version, and if possible also tell me where i can get the download for the firmware, this is a pic of it below

IMG_0034.JPG

2. cha09

cha09 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    ok guys i noticed in the device manager that its a danone hs-usb nmea device and the manufacture is qualcomm, could someone help me out in how to upgrade the firmware, cause i really want to get it working, any help is greatly welcome

3. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    #3 windsman, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
    Maybe is what you're looking for :

Capture.jpg

Which version of the device you want, according to your Operating System.

I can provide you a link for download the right one.

windsman.

4. cha09

cha09 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    i'm using windows 7, and the latest versin would be nice, and thanks for the help bro

5. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Ok, so do you use W7 x86 or x64 ?, Do you want just the driver or the entire package (with software)?

Let me know.

6. cha09

cha09 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    i'm using x86 now but i have the 64bit on my laptop so both would be nice, and i'd love the entire package with the latest drivers and software, and is there a software that i could use to write these files to the modem? cause that would help me out too, again thanks

7. cha09

cha09 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    thanks a million bro, i'm gonna try it out right now

8. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Well, its possible to flash a device using Ubuntu on a usb stick / or cd. I used this to flash my BT Dongle but i dont know if it will work with your device and maybe its different command that you need to use in dfutool.

BE AWARE THAT FLASHING YOUR DEVICE MAY BROKE IT COMPLETLY!!!

Procedure:

1. Download Ubuntu and put it on a usb stick.

2. Boot from it in live mode.

3. Backup the firmware on the bt dongle:

4. Upgrade the firmware:

9. cha09

cha09 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    ok guys first off i have to say thanks to windsman as the drivers worked for me, now the modem is running ok, went ahead and found out how to update the firmware and even edit the actual frimware, i was going to try out the linux method but seeing as i've already gotten through i'll test that way another time, but thanks for all the help guys, **cheers**

10. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    #11 windsman, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    Cool glad to know you figured it out.:clapping:

windsman.

11. jianfough

jianfough MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2013
    download driver link; ERROR, please validated link