Need help activating computer with slic 2.1 bios installed!?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hardcore, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Hardcore

Hardcore MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2009
    #1 Hardcore, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    Need help activating computer with slic 2.1 bios installed!? - SOLVED

Installed a slic 2.1 bios in my netbook about 6 months ago. It is an acer netbook and I had no problem activating the first time I installed windows 7 ultimate at that time. I recently installed an SSD and therefore reinstalled windows.

I have not been able to reactivate windows though. It keeps telling me the product key I am using is invalid. I originally thought that maybe the windows 7 ultimate I installed was not an original dvd, so I downloaded another version which and I'm having exactly the same problem.

I confirmed via everest ultimate that indeed the computer does have a slic 2.1 bios and it is an acer table and I'm trying to use an acer key with certificate installed via 911medic's program.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated as I'm at a loss on how to get this activated.

Thanks in advance

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Download slic dump toolkit from forum and run that to check to see exactly what slic you have.

3. Hardcore

Hardcore MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2009
    Okay, I figured it out. For some reason the program was not installing the certificate properly so I had to do it manually.

Everything is activated and working properly now!

Thanks