Need help ahcix64s.sys

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NiHiLisT, Nov 3, 2010.

1. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 NiHiLisT, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
    Good Morning!

I have a problem and I am going crazy with it.

My PC stopped working and could'nt boot. I had to open the M$ repair options and that said the "ahcix64s.sys" file is corrupted. I started the repair but it didn't worked.

So I thought NP I fire up the console to copy a new ahcix64s.sys in the folder C:\windows\system32\drivers and replace the it.

But that is somehow a no go. The pc does not boot up and goes back into the repair mode witht the same error message that the file ahcix64s.sys seems to damaged. I have tried multiple files with no luck. Every time I get the same message with different files. Thats somehow strange to me.
    Why is it doing that? And is there a way to replace the file in general?

My problem is, I can't use the systemrecovery since my last systemrestore point is too old.

What can I do. Is there a way to copy the file ( new one ) onto the disc so Windows will boot up again?

Here are my Specs:

Windows 7 x64 BIOS MOD AMI
    Foxconn Digitallife Life A79A-S
    Raid 0
    AMD/ Raid driver ahcix64s.sys

For any suggestion help I would be very glad and thankfull.

Addition: I did not tried “sfc /scannow” yet. Will do that and report back.

EDIT: Since I can't execute sfc /scannow without booting into the OS, I have no further clue.

EDIT2: Somehow I've managed to boot into the OS. But now my USB devices arent working anymore.

Thread can be deleted or closed - SOLVED!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OldMarine

OldMarine MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2014
    My first post -- sorry if I'm naive. Your post sounded exactly like my problem, but I can't see the fix, and the thread appears closed. Could you please point me to the solution somehow? Thanks.

3. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Do you have a system image from an earlier working system you can restore? If not, try a repair install using your original installation media. If you can't do either, and basically you have no other options, maybe it's time to wipe your drive and reinstall Windows.

If you decide to reinstall, I'd suggest you get a genuine copy of Windows 7 via a link supplied by this forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OldMarine

OldMarine MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2014
    No image or restore points that work

My only media of software is the upgrade CD from Vista (came with PC) to Windows 7. Could that work? I would consider, if all else fails, buying another PC and putting this hard drive on it as a second disk. Would that work? I would HATE to lose all the years of stuff on my current PC's hard drive. I will consider a lot of other options prior to resorting to a wipe and new install.

I appreciate any advice or suggestions.

5. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #6 zahnoo, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    Your data might be fine. You can always pull the drive and put it in a USB box to access the data. Or you could try and boot from a LiveCD such as Ubuntu and copy your data off.

By saying "I would HATE to lose all the years of stuff on my current PC's hard drive" tells me you have no backups and no recovery plan. That's a situation you need to correct. As you are finding out, devices fail and files get corrupted. Once your problem is sorted out, backup, backup, backup. I'd suggest you also learn how to create and restore Windows 7 system images as a part of a disaster recovery plan. Which it seems like you now need.

If the drive is healthy, it can certainly be used as a second drive in a new PC. Assuming the new PC supports the old drive with the proper data and power connections.