Need Help becomming invisible to my ISP to DL Torrents - please help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Raijen, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    #1 Raijen, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
    Hey all - or any ONE who helps me here,
    My ISP, Mediacom, suspends my account every time I dl something from torrent sites. There are a lot of things (legitimate) that I'd like to research and, like most people, be free to download whatever I want. I've scoured the internet for cloaking programs, tried tor, hidemyip, and countless others - fact is, I use utorrent, and how can any of those programs hide a connection from another program, such as utorrent, when it's connecting to torrent servers on its own? The program isn't cloaked or hidden, just my browser's activities, right? So what can I do. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,...in advance :)

R.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. myamar

myamar MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2009
    #2 myamar, Apr 22, 2010
    If I was at your place, I would go for some good VPN service.

Edit: There is (at least) one free VPN service but download speed isn't the best (ItsHidden).
    If you wanna pay for one, I would go for Relakks (worked great for me). Of course
    choosing VPN service is up to you -.-

3. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    Which Free VPN are you referring to, that's hidden? You can PM me if you prefer. - Thanks!

R.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    This is probably an applications thread question but use peerblock at least and if you use a non-proxy based VPN just make double sure they are trust worthy since they will see everything you do and could possibly share it under court order if that is their policy...lol

5. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I have mediacom and don't have any problems. Try limiting your peer connections to something like 20 per torrent. I get great speed and most sites are using seedboxes anymore. I do run peerblock, and I don't even want to start that argument. Could be U DL'd something from a trap site once, and now they monitor your traffic, IN that case your probably done. Another option is close your acct and open a new one in spouses name or something of the sorts.

6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Raijen, have you considered using DC++ ? Its a filesharing client that avoids torrent sites. You join hubs and then direct connect to users and upload and download ach others files.

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #10 Daz, Apr 22, 2010
  8. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Good answer. :D