Need help changing my bios flash screen!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by awntech, Jun 20, 2007.

1. awntech

awntech Guest

Need help changing my bios flash screen!!!
    Please help me change my flash boot screen!!

I read many tutorials but I still cannot get changing my flash boot screen!

I have downloaded sp26763.exe from HP website and it flashes and works great!

I have Compaq Presario SR1611NX and I am POSITIVE I got the right bios from hp because I already updated it!!!

However when I follow tutorial to change flash screen to a custom image and I do step by step making sure everything perfect. But it doesn't work!!

But when I go to use the program to flash it says "command line parameter error"
    or something close to that. I did a google search and someone on forum recommend
    to install halfway then 'swap/switch' the 313.rom file midway between the installation
    to 'trick' the HP flash installer into installing the 313.rom that has been updated
    with a new .bmp image. (yes I converted from tiff to Award BMP not xp BMP, etc)

I tried that too, it got me past on more level, and for a second it even says its already
    'flashing in progress', but then it kicks right back out and says something about a
    checksum error. I have used many other flashing utilities, even boot in pure dos mode
    etc, but to no avail! I really want to flash/change the boot screen and get rid of the
    default "COMPAQ" screen on my SR1611NX Compaq Presario.

Can you please help me? What am I doing wrong? How can I bypass the checksum error?
    IS there a way to FORCE a flash no matter what? Why won't it let me replace the picture?
    I did everything just right, just like in tutorials, then why doesn't it let me flash the
    rom/bios?

Thank you for your time sirs!

Anxiously awaiting your reply,

Bo