need help flashin bios please

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by luke_79, Oct 6, 2009.

1. luke_79

luke_79 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2009
    hello id like to ask for some help if its at all possible,i want to flash my bois but im unsure on what to do as my motherboard is foxconn but my bios is american megatrends,i used cpu z to get more info and this is what it says.

MOTHERBOARD

manufaturer foxconn
    model A7VMX-S/A7VMX-K/A7GMX-S/A7GMX
    CHIPSET AMD 780G
    SOUTHBRIDGE ATI SB700
    ITE IT8716

BIOS
    AMERICAN MEGARENDS INC
    10/17/2008

I WENT TO AMI SITE AND DOWNLOADED THERE FLASH UTILITY I WAS JUST ABOUT TO USE THIS WHEN I SAW THEY SED FOR AMI BOARDS,BUT AS I SAY MY BOARDS FOXCONN BUT MY BOIS IS AMI,SO COULD SOMONE PLEASE TELL ME IF I USE AN AMI FLASH UTILITY OR GIVE ME SUM INSTRUCTION AS IM ABIT CONFUSED NOW,THANK`S IN ADVANCE

2. fred64

fred64 MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    Do not confuse the mobo manufacturer with the BIOS maker. A mobo maker can use any one the available BIOSes makes. But the BIOS is modified for the board maker to the specific needs of the mobo.
    You should always get your BIOS update from your mobo maker and for your specific board.
    I wouldn't flash the mobo unless you really need to because there is a serious risk of damaging your board if it is not done right.

If you must do it then follow your mobo makers instructions to the letter.

Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. luke_79

luke_79 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2009
    thank you

thank you for your help and after the advice you have given me and some reading ive done i think for now at least ill leave my bios alone lol thanks again