need help for oem slp activation

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by basaran76, Aug 25, 2015.

1. basaran76

basaran76 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2015
    #1 basaran76, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    hi all
    i almost read all guides here
    i want to activate my windows 7 pro sp1 which installed as uefi with gpt
    i didnt try cody's ms tk yet because i want to try activating via oem slp first

i red sticky post for vista activation here
    and other sources from internet like: activating windows oem way

so
    i got a asus x550k laptop which was a freedos
    i guess it have slic table 2.1
    i am not a pro so i barely know about slic
    but i know its related with bios which i dont want to irritate too much

here is my confusions

q1: does using oem slp method manipulate my bios?
    q1.1: is it kind of injecting smth or it is safe?
    q1.2: is using slic_toolkit a risky thing if i really need to know my bios has a proper slic table for method?
    q1.3: does it do a permanent effect to my bios?

q2: where can i find correct cert. file?
    q2.1: i downloaded some files from internet. are they ok? or can anyone give me a link for it?

q3: does it matter which brand cert. selected (afaik product keys doesnt matter). do i need to use a asus cert.?

q4: i tried my old laptop's oa key to activate via telephone which failed. does this differ for process for this method.

tnx in advance

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #2 Tito, Aug 25, 2015
    @basaran76

A1: As it comes with DOS, the SLIC table is made hidden. There are ways to unhide it which requires little modding.
    A1.1: Not sure what do you mean by that.
    A1.2: No, its safe. But it's unreliable on UEFI platform, so use RW Everything instead.
    A1.3: SLIC Toolkit does nothing with the bios.

A2. http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/5952?p=514521&viewfull=1#post514521

A3. Cert should be matched with the SLIC.

A4. OEM:SLP activation doesn't require phoning Microsoft; its completely offline.

I need the exact model name of the laptop to help you to enable SLIC permanently.

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #3 urie, Aug 25, 2015
    If laptop came with freedos then it will probably not have SLIC 2.1 , you can try running slic toolkit to check to see if it does have slic in bios and no running slic toolkit is safe it does not alter bios it just give infoe as to whether slic is present.
    So run that first to see or just run Daz loader it will not install on GPT system but if slic 2.1 is present in bios then it wil install correct OEM:SLP key and certificate. If you do not have slic then only option on GPT system is WindSLIC-UEFI-SLIC-injector or request bios mod.

P.S. Tito beat me again I took to long to answer plus he is more knowledgeable on bios modding :D

4. basaran76

basaran76 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2015
    #4 basaran76, Aug 25, 2015
    (OP)
    first of all ty for fast replies
    @Tito
    i ll try to make my questions clear

my laptop is a asus X550JK-XO012D

q1 and 1.1: oem slp method changes things in my bios. right? as u mention modding it. is it possible to leave my bios virgin :) ?
    related with q4 : i wonder if this modding effects my bios permanently? ie enabling slic forever is a irrevocable action?

@urie afaik daz loader doesnt work with uefi. so your recommeded way (ie windslic) is a risky thing?

1 more question: does daz loader or cody's ms tk does exatly same things what this method do automaticly.

and i dont want to turn to normal mbr bios mode (some guides offers it for activation :/)

lastly a laptop activated via oem slp got a geninue pass when it upgrades to win 10.
    my final goal is to upgrade a geniune win 10
    (my other laptop activated via extreme loader, but when upgraded to win 10 it got a generic win 10 key)

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. basaran76

basaran76 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2015
    tito, sorry i m bothering u so much

i want to ask another thing related to your last reply.
    (btw i checked my bios via rw everything and didnt see a slic tab )

i recently upgraded my x550jk to win 10 pro from win 7 sp1 which was activated also with extreme loader. but it has a generic key which i didnt want . because of MS threats pirated versions can not use win 10 any more.

and yesterday i bought a ssd
    whole story starts with this

i installed win 7 home basic uefi (because i thought i can use my old laptop's oem product key to activate new laptop)
    but it didnt activated it via phone and i didnt try to activate it online yet (probably it wont work too)

i aimed to upgrade win 10 with a genuine OS.
    but it seems i wont able to do that

so
    if i install a clean win 10 pro uefi
    will it be activated again and automaticly because of i activated it once with my old hdd?

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    By design, upgraded Windows 10 from qualifying editions Windows 7/8.x displays the placeholder key & actually uses the hardware ID of the device as unique identifier of the activation. So as long as your hardware is same, you can simply re-install Windows 10 by skipping the key-input & it'll be automatically activated after connecting to internet.

Usually the primary boot device changing requires re-activation, but you're welcome to try. If you face issues after clean installing, then follow the upgrade path again.