Need help for win8 pro wmc

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by rollerdyke44, Oct 1, 2013.

1. rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    my laptop came with win8 core edition. Anyways, i updraged to pro version using add features to windows and activated it. DONE

everything was fine untill for some stupid reason i remembered that i have a wmc key (the one microsoft gave for free for some time). So i searched my email and found the key. I was not expecting it to work as the time period to install the free key was over.

Anyways, i decided to try it out. I enter the key in add features and i am surprised to see that it says the key is valid. so i clicked next. It installed fine and when it rebooted i was even greeted with a screen saying everything worked fine. Then i notice windows is not activated. I go to activation and it returns the error saying the key is blocked.

Now my windows has wmc BUT is not activated. I can not use my win8 pro key since it does not have wmc. I searched online and it seems that the only way to go back is to reinstall win8

Is there any way to remove wmc? Or any other way i can activate my windows using my pro product key?

I dont understand if the key was blocked why did it say that the key works :/

thanks

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    was your upgrade to pro key genuine? If so, you should call the hotline and complain

3. rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    yes. It was i think msdn key. I got it from someone (dont have msdn myself). But windows was activated successfully using that key. The problem started after i used the wmc

4. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    This is the key from the free WMC offer? If the WMC key had not been activated before February 1, 2013, it expired, which is why it's blocked. If the key had been used before that date, it would still be valid today.

5. moreuse

moreuse MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2011
    you should be able to downgrade windows 8 pro wmc to windows 8 pro
    game.bramantya.org/migrasi-dari-windows-7-bajakan-ke-orijinal/
    its not on english but basically

open
    “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion”.

Change to
    EditionID: Professional
    ProductName: Windows 8 Professional

now run the setup.exe from your windows 8 pro iso. It will "upgrade" the windows from ProWMC to Pro.

actually its still blocked even if the key was activated before.
    Its the reason im still stuck on windows 8 in notification mode and its working fine (just activation notification every 3 hours or something) so i become lazy to search for solution lol.

6. rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    #6 rollerdyke44, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    (OP)
    so will i have any problems after that? i mean will it re-install windows while keeping my files? because i think that reinstalling while keeping files causes problems

yes from the free wmc offer

7. Vern

Vern MDL Junior Member

May 24, 2012
    See Faikee's post #1 of 22 Sepr 2013. You'll keep all your settings, programs, etc..

8. rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    ok i will try this. Thanks everyone for the help

9. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Another alternative if you haven't pushed the button yet: call Microsoft Support and complain that your key let you install but now it won't activate. They just might issue you a new key. If you're really lucky you wouldn't have to pay $10 for it.

Also.. did you try using the "slui 4" method? (phone) I would try this first and if it fails, it should transfer you to a human who can help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    If none of the above doesn't help you try to find a ProWMC Key. It's easy to get even you can ask your friends / relatives. Someone should have ProWMC key without being activated already.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    My same thread in PCBeta has over 200 replies and heated discussion, but zero reply in MDL.

Guess it's some kind of cultural difference, LOL. :popcorn:

12. rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    #12 rollerdyke44, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Yes i tried that. It says i am a victim of software piracy blah blah

i dont think my frinds use win8 much :/

btw, when i enter my key in toolkit 2.5.9, here are the details

Code:
    ---------------------------------------Product Key: XXXXX
    Validity: Valid
    Product ID: XXXXX
    Advanced PID: XXXXX
    Activation ID: XXXXX
    Product Description: Win 8 RTM ProfessionalWMC Retail
    Edition Type: ProfessionalWMC
    Edition ID: res-v1810
    Key Type: Retail
    Eula: Retail:WAU:48;
    ---------------------------------------
    it says valid :/

13. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #13 murphy78, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    MTK 2.4.9 does not tap into Microsoft's database to check their blacklist status.
    It simply determines whether or not the key looks valid as far as keys go.

14. rollerdyke44

rollerdyke44 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    #14 rollerdyke44, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    (OP)
    i want to give this one try before i try to reinstall windows by messing in registry. I am unable to call MS. Can someone make a call for me? i will pm my key so that you can explain them this issue. OR do you have any idea how should i email them about this issue? which is better?

thanks