Need help from a hackintosh pro - get SL working on rampage formula

Discussion in 'macOS' started by murdercitydevil, Dec 3, 2009.

1. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Here's the deal, a quick request for someone who's very experienced with setting up a hackintosh and possibly patching DSDT files to include c-state power management. I've been trying for several weeks now to get Snow Leopard to work on my PC, running a maximus formula w/ rampage BIOS and a Q6600. I know it's possible, but no matter how many guides/methods I've tried, it always fails, and almost always for the same reason - c-state power management or lack thereof. If anyone can lend a helping hand, perhaps chat with me on AIM or whatnot, let me know. The only reason I ask this is because the forums on insanelymac.com are dead and no one bothers helping anyone it seems like.

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I do not think you can say Insanelymac forums are dead with 2,606 post in Snow Leopard subforum only

I am sure somebody there will help you, here andyp & his skill would be the best to tacke it, but I do not know if he reads this section

sebus

3. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Well perhaps dead isn't the right word, there's people posting of course, but every single time I've asked for help, my threads have gotten hundreds of views and not a single reply. I'll try sending andyp a PM

4. andyp

andyp SLIC Tools Author

Aug 8, 2008