Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zzdiesel, Jun 22, 2007.
You need to login to view this posts content.
1. go to hp.com
2. Download the SLIC BIOS From here
3. Download latest BIOS update from HP.com
4. Run the BIOS Update from HP
5. Go all the way till the message with the ok button shows up
6. Do Windows key + R and type in %temp%
7. look for the folder with the same files as the one you downloaded from here
8. Replace the .rom file in your temp with the one from here
9. Hit ok and be happy
I dont have this board but I have another HP board same update process
Thanks, I will give this a try tomorrow and report back.
Well it looks as though I bricked another motherboard. I installed mod1 of two that China made for me. It seemed to have taken the mod Ok till I rebooted. It started to go into Vista and then it blue screened. It was the dreaded "Page fault in nonpaged area" error. It still done it when I tried to reinstall Vista. So I tried to install XP. I thought it was going Ok till it started installing the drivers, and then it BSOD with some ***bios.sys file.
The only way to put the original bios in now is through DOS, but HP only turns off the write protect in the windows installer. I need an Award utility that can get by the write protect.
This is my 10 yr old step-daughter's system. I hope & pray I can figure something out.
the easiest way would be to contact HP by phone to seek their help
Just as I figured. HP asked me to send it in for repairs. Hell, all I need is a working DOS flash program...
I was able to save my *** this time. I went to HP's site and found another BIOS update that loads through DOS. I used that flasher to reload the original BIOS, and all is well again...