Need help modding Lenovo B50-30 BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by madaload, Nov 8, 2014.

1. madaload

madaload MDL Junior Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Hello,

I'd like to ask for help modding a Lenovo B50-30 laptop with EFI / Insyde BIOS.

According to this thread it is possible to mod the BIOS:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/56525-Lenovo-B50-30-No-Bios-download-available

I've tried to cntact eddie888, but there's been no reply yet.

Long story short, I have tried the usual procedure and failed every time. For starters, when I load the RW-Everything report into AndyP's tool I get an error in the log saying "Invalid RW Everything report". If I do it without the report, and don't change anything, "Module" method is used automatically and it fails with an error "Insufficient space to manipulate modules".

I have then tried the Dynamic method (without RW Everything report), which finished successfuly. So far so good. I have then edited the platform.ini file of the Bios flashing tool that came with the Bios file downloaded from Lenovo.
    http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/ziwb0204.exe

I simply disabled the Bios version check, because the same Bios version is already being used, and enbled Flash Secure override. Then I ran the flashing tool on the modded BIOS. No progress was shown, the computer rebooted and I got a BIOS popup saying "Invalid firmware image!".

I am at my witts end and pretty desperate as well. I need to send this laptop back on Tuesday at the latest. It's my moms, she can't get used to Win8.

Please help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. madaload

madaload MDL Junior Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Since I'm not getting enywhere with my BIOS mod request in the request thread I'd like to ask if anyone here knows the procedure for BIOS recovery on Lenovo B5-30? I would like to attempt force flashing with my modified image, but I need a way of recovery.

The usual Windows key + B or Fn+Esc don't work, not even with the battery removal trick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...