Need help on ACER 9920G

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by creponut, Oct 9, 2009.

1. creponut

creponut MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    Hi all,

I got, as many people, a problem with the video card of my ACER 9920G (8600M GT). The machine was just out of warranty and I decided to buy a new one on the net. After reading some news, I understood that I'll have to buy a card with an ACER bios to be compatible with other parts.

I so brought a brad new card and install it. With the broken one nothing worked: the bluetooth led stay on and the PC won't boot. With the new one, the PC boot but nothing on the screen. I put a external screen and it works fine. I tried to extend the windows desktop to the main screen and I can see a part of the desktop with some colors but not realy readable and cut at the bottom.

I looked on the web to find a solution and find five other bios (ACER certified) for this type of card. I backuped the bios and compare it to one of the five others who match with this card: it's the same than the original ..... :/

So, I would ask you: what can I do more? Flash the mainboard bios could arrange something? And if so, witch bios have I to find for this machine?

I'm on Win XP Pro sp3...

Thanks in advance, have a nice week-end!

2. ricksy50

ricksy50 MDL Junior Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Were there any drivers to install cos it sounds like the display is way out from default setup and maybe trying to use the old settings.

3. creponut

creponut MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2009
    Thanks for your answer/question. I didn't reinstall windows, so the drivers are the same than the original. It's because of this and different posts I've read on the net who strongly recommended to flash the graphic bios for an ACER certified one... But, the problem persist also with an ACER bios, and because of this I wonder if the mainboard bios could interact with this problem.