Need help on modding Clevo Notebook M540S

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by AmienZero, Dec 30, 2009.

1. AmienZero

AmienZero MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    hey guys.

i need some help on modding my wife's laptop bios. here are the details.

Brand : Clevo
    Model : M540S/M550S
    Bios Version : 1.00.04
    Bios Type : Phoenix

i've been searching high and low for the bios files, and the one i found on Clevo's website are password protected. can someone help? i was thinking maybe there's a way for me to dump or make a backup from the current bios and mod it from there. but i don't know what program should i use.

thanks in advance.

2. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    You cannot use a backup of a phoenix bios and expect it to be modified so that you flash the bios....it will not work....

Do not backup your bios and expect someone to modify it with success for it will be a complete failure on your part when you attempt to flash it.

In order to modify a phoenix bios, it must be an untouched and unaltered bios file which has not been backed up by any means.

Now you can also submit a modified bios file that has not been backed up and we can modify it to include slic 2.1

3. AmienZero

AmienZero MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    sweet. you even provide the untouched bios file. here's the rw-report that i made on the laptop.

Attached Files:

4. AmienZero

AmienZero MDL Novice

Sep 4, 2009
    happy new year to you as well.

tried flashing the laptop last night with ph161700.exe but got error with flashint.bin. then i decided to use phlash16.exe and it works. my wife's laptop now has SLIC 2.1. thanks a lot.

5. electrogoodie

electrogoodie MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2009
    Can you share the modified bios? Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...