Need help pinning chrome shortcut to taskbar

Discussion in 'Linux' started by TrustMe, Oct 29, 2019.

1. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    HI, I'm new to linux. I just installed Zorin OS 15 core to virtualbox. Is there an easy way to pin the Chrome or Chromium shortcuts to the taskbar? I tried google search but the information I found is old. It tells you to open Chrome, then right click on the icon in the taskbar. I did that but there is no Pin to taskbar. It also said to right click on the taskbar to bring up a menu. When I do there is no menu. Any help will be appreciated.

2. usermydigitallyfe

usermydigitallyfe MDL Member

Oct 30, 2016
    open Chrome on desktop or right click Chrome Icon on Desktop, then right click on the icon in the taskbar,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    @ usermydigitallyfe

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately that does not work with the Chrome or Chromium icons. When you right click on either one of them there is no Pin to panel or Pin to taskbar in the right click menu. I tried while they were on the Desktop and opened both and tried to right click while they were in the panel. It was the same result for both.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What happens when you drag the desktop icon in the taskbar?

Rightclick the icon and select properties and open file location, then rightclick the exe there and see if that offers to pin it.

5. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    @Enthousiast
    Thank you, your suggestion worked! When I tried to drag it to the Panel it would just float back to the Desktop.