Need Help Please: MSI x320 (slim laptop)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Monoshang, May 8, 2010.

1. Monoshang

Monoshang MDL Novice

May 8, 2010
    Heres the story, I got this new laptop, which is pretty nice. Drawback, windows Vista. Hate it.

I've been looking around on this forum for ages, and finally I cannot get windows 7 to work.

I've downloaded the Windows 7 32-bit ultimate, successfully installed it (after clean wipe on the HD)

So, I followed all the instructions. I tried the loader (newest version) with all the different options, and it still gives me a black screen. Looks like a computer "freeze", basically it just doesn't boot into windows.

So I have to enter those codes you you had, those "bootrec.exe /etc" , did all that, and I can get back into windows, still not activated.

I dont know where else to look. So, please, it anyone can help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Monoshang

Monoshang MDL Novice

May 8, 2010
    Omg this worked.
    Thanks. The Windows Loader v1.8 - Release Candidate 1 worked.

Thanks you and everyone else supporting this forum.

4. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Glad you got it working!

BIOS SLIC 2.1 is the safest way to do it though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
  6. Monoshang

Monoshang MDL Novice

May 8, 2010
    Thanks for all the info once again.

Why is Slic, the safest way to do it??

Sorry, if this is a stupid question.