need help please

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by kennyboy, Dec 5, 2011.

1. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    im new to all this but can some1 please help me with this

i cannot figger out what ive done decause all my ide ribbons/connection i can only put 2 hdd on them well i think. am i right in saying the hdd is blue on motherboard so put the blue end to mother board and the end 1 for main drive the middle 1 for d drive i have dvd/cd writer dvd rom. and redeader. thats how pc was until i unpluged the hdds so not being able to put 3 hdd in because i only have room for 2 so i put everything together as i thought. all i have in there now is dvd/cd and main hdd which had windows on ive not change anything elase but as it stood before i started messing. i put it all back together started it up then got a blue sreen saying this.

a problem as been detected

check to make sure you have adequate disk space. if a driver is identified in the stop message diable the driver or cheack with the manufacturer for driver updates.try changing video adapters.

check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable compnents restart your pc. press f8 to select advance startup options and then select safe mode.

technical info

stop 0x0000008e oxc0000005 ox80572e25 oxf7922be8 ox00000000 ive been into the bios and ive even tryed 3 different hdd but keep getting same message cannot install windows xp when it put all files in it reboots but instead of the 39 min when installing the pc reboots and its the same message not sure about bios and all the writers and hdd come out of pc what have i done wrong help
    thanks.

is it easy to do been into bios but not sure what to look for or even do.

2. 38956

38956 MDL Member

Jun 7, 2010
    IDE 1 (motherboard) - HDD (Slave) - HDD (Master)
    IDE 2 (motherboard) - DVD/CD (Slave) - DVD/CD (Master)

The Blue end of the IDE ribbons connects to the motherboard. The middle connection is for the slave drive and the other end is for the master drive.
    The drives have jumpers to set them as MASTER. SLAVE or CABLE SELECT

3. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    thanks ive got it now just formatting and have ago at installing xp will let you know not got by that bit yet i will keep you posted thanks.