Need Help! Purchased & Activated Home Premium -> Now Unactivated Ultimate (bad SLP)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by johnboyman, Jan 2, 2013.

1. johnboyman

johnboyman MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    #1 johnboyman, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Hey guys... so today I stupidly ran a Windows Anytime Upgrade with one of the SLP keys. I purchased my computer from a small business manufacturer which gave me an OEM key for Home Premium, but I thought I might take my chances with trying one of the SLP keys from a more known manufacturer or under the "other" section for Windows 7 Ultimate.

I thought it worked since the upgrade finished successfully. However, it would only be after the upgrade when I checked "System" under Control Panel and saw it converted my purchased and legit activated Home Premium to now an Unactivated (3 days remaining to activate) Ultimate Version.

Now, I'm stuck with only three good options I can think of and need your help!!

First, I am not going to use Daz's loader. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not interested in using it for various reasons I've read. Second, I want to avoid doing any form of clean install if at all possible.

1) Set Windows 7 Ultimate to Trial Mode... HOW? How do I do this? I would like to run Trilogy and get 30 days remaining and keep re-arming. Currently it only says 3 days remaining until automatic activation. What are the steps that must be made to use Trilogy infinitely?

2) Purchase Windows 8 Pro Upgrade using Windows Upgrade Advisor -- My big question is -- will it be able to upgrade from a now non-authenticated version of Windows 7 Ultimate (saying 3 days left to automatically activate) to an activated Windows 8 Pro? Or will I have to downgrade back to Windows 7 Home Premium somehow (see #3 below)?

3) Downgrade back to my activated Windows 7 Home Premium...
    is this possible without doing a clean install again?

Thanks for the assistance.:worthy:

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #4 LatinMcG, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    u can also make partitions and boot multiple copies of windows. (manage booting with easybcd2.2)
    and add slic to the bios for 7 activation

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I would be curious as to what you've read given that millions of people use the loader and don't have any issues.

The loader is the quick solution to the upgrade problem if it requires genuine status. You'd just install the loader to get genuine status, run an upgrade check to get Windows 8 and then once you've got your code you can uninstall the loader and upgrade the OS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. johnboyman

johnboyman MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    I am still trying to figure out how to get Windows back into Trial mode? Does anybody know how to do this so I can use Trilogy?

I am well aware what your loader does and I respect and thank you for your help with everyone in the scene. However, I simply am stubborn when it comes to using any software that directly affects the operation system or BIOS that is not open-source, which is why I am willing to use Trilogy. I also have come across your reason as to why you want to keep it closed source and that you don't want other people using your code and calling it their loader. With all due respect, you said it yourself -- millions have used it and therefore millions have seen the name "Daz".... so why worry if some kid uses your code and calls it his? It's the Internet and rules cease to truly exist.

Release the code and I'll use it. It's as simple as that. :p

If not, I get it. As the saying goes, "you can't please everybody".

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #7 Daz, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    That's not really the reason though. I mean think about the custom encryption the loader has applied and how each users loader is unique to their system. Open source, in this case, is a weakness as I then can't guarantee that peoples activation will be as secure as it once was. With that reason in mind I'll never release the source.

When I talk about not releasing the source due to people using our code, I mean a handful of people would release modified or "new" versions with trojans and all sorts attached under my name. And unfortunately there are gullible people out there that would download it too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    @Johnboyman You can be as arrogant as you want but I guarantee the likelihood of you finding a solution for your problem just dropped significantly :biggrin:

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #9 LatinMcG, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    i wonder why he has a new reg name and he sounds like a regular in the know.

anyways to rearm trial
    slmgr -rearm
    then use slic 2.1 and cert and key.. done